07-08-2011 08:58 AM
- so when i hear people geting good battery life, what all are you doing?
i find that my phone gets really good battery life if i have 4g turned off, and on wireless whenever i can, and turn the wireless off whenever i'm not using it.
and it gets really really good standby time, like it'll go down 1% after like an 1.5 hours if i am not using the phone.
however, if i am using the phone to browse the web, look at pictures, or using pulse, it'll drain the battery like 5% in like 10 minutes, which seems a little high (and this is on just regular 3g, with wireless and 4g turned off). It seems the display is taking up most of the juice.
I also have turned down just about every syncing feature in every app i have, followed every direction i could find on maintaining battery life, and I've installed juice defender.
today, i am going to try and go through today on nothing by 3g/4g, and see what my battery life like.
So i'm wondering, what are others getting with their phone without having to constantly turn on/off 4g or wifi?
p.s. I know that I can use juice defender to control that stuff for me, but i am just asking purely to figure out if my battery has a good battery or not before my return period is out.07-05-2011 07:10 AM
- So my battery lasted almost 15 hours with minimal use (mostly just text messages and a 5 minute call). I plugged in when it was at about 4%.
This is with 4g and 3g turned on only. And juice defender turned off.
I am going to try again today but with juice defender turned on, and see what the difference it makes.07-06-2011 07:12 AM
- Wireless on is the best for battery life, if you have wireless use that never 3g for optimal battery life. Even if you're not using it but you have wifi coverage any background data will use the wifi and not the 3g and improve standby battery usage as well. I unplug mine around 8:30-9am and will usually have 60% by the time I get home from work around 7pm with average use under wifi.07-06-2011 07:36 AM
- yeah, i know about all the battery saving stuff you can do, but my exercise is to test to see what battery life is like without doing anything extra, and just leaving 4g and 3g on.
it seems its 15 hours. so today, im going to just try turning on juice defender. tomorrow i'm gonna try and turn on wifi and let it use wifi whenever it can, then i need to try and use my phone non stop and see how long it lasts.
i was able to get a excellent battery life when my phone wasn't being used and using juice defender and with 4g off, so i'm doing this just out of curiousity on what the different settings measureable impacts are.07-06-2011 07:57 AM
- ok, so experience with 4g/3g on all day, and no wifi what so ever and juice defender turned on, it ran for about 17 hours and still had 25% left, and the useage was about the same (mostly text, one call). so there is definitely some savings with juice defender.
today, i'm gonna try with just 3g on only, nothing else, and no juice defender, and see what the life is like.07-07-2011 08:21 AM
- Yesterday with only 3g turned on and juice defender going. At 16 hours, I still had 40%, which I think is pretty good with light useage.
Conclusion is juice defender definitely works at least a little, but this phone still lasts me all day with 4g turned on all the time regardless.07-08-2011 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD