Watching videos but can't listen over bluetooth headset?

Spazo

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey I did a search through the forums but must have missed it if this question was asked previously. I use my blue tooth Backbeat headset to listen to music and talking on the phone but when I try and watch a movie, I can't get the audio to play over my headset. I keep looking for the option that I get when I do music (u know, the "which device do you want to use" menu) but cannot find it.

Thanks in advance!

Spazo

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Odd. It turns out that if I start playing music over my headset then load up & play the video, it will play over headset. :/ Otherwise, it plays via the speaker.

Thanks for your ideas guys!

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an a2dp conflict when connected to my home wifi network ??? I was having trouble with my Bluetooth having an intermittent audio playback stream to my car stereo with the BlackBerry audio gateway. I couldn't figure out why it was so flaky, and then I noticed it only happened in my drive way. When I would get in range of my home wifi network it would start having issues (3 seconds of music followed by 4 or 5 seconds of silence) I turned off the wifi radio on my EVO 3D and it would stream perfectly. Must be a bug in the phones software or firmware.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a delayed connection during switching from 3G to WiFi. It does have to authenticate and switch streaming paths. Mine does the same in my driveway.

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a delayed connection during switching from 3G to WiFi. It does have to authenticate and switch streaming paths. Mine does the same in my driveway.
Ah a conflict between wifi and 3g makes more sense. I just set llama to turn off wifi when I put it in my car dock, and that has solved the issue. :)

meda

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
you can also use a mono headset for routing the audio through bluetooth if you install a tool like bluemusic, it also works for a2dp and carkits and has after call resume.