Carousel Superfast Spin

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the carousel movement from the home screen to the next screen, but the superfast carousel spin if you swipe too fast is annoying. I wrote HTC to see if there was a way to prevent it and their response was...

"There is currently not an option native to the device that will allow for adjusting the 'spin speed'; however, your suggestion has been submitted for review for future updates."

Does anyone else have a problem with this happening too often or have a work around? I am surprised that HTC even put this in because I don't see what function the slotmachine spin accomplishes other than annoying the heck out of people.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem sometimes when I'm trying to work quickly. It's just sort of annoying. I do like it, though, but I don't see a true use. It's just fun. :eek:

~Drew

1fastmx5

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Do a half screen swipe only and it will only go to the next page. A spinning carousel at the spin it's at with a full swipe is pretty useless

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It exists because it looks cool as hell. How many people have you shown it to? HTC created it to make us show off our phones. Make people jealous, then they want the cool HTC that looks cool as hell. Rinse and repeat.

setbackjohnny

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I like the carousel movement from the home screen to the next screen, but the superfast carousel spin if you swipe too fast is annoying. I wrote HTC to see if there was a way to prevent it and their response was...

"There is currently not an option native to the device that will allow for adjusting the 'spin speed'; however, your suggestion has been submitted for review for future updates."

Does anyone else have a problem with this happening too often or have a work around? I am surprised that HTC even put this in because I don't see what function the slotmachine spin accomplishes other than annoying the heck out of people.
It was cute at first but yeah....gotta go. If it spun a little slower and i were able to "catch" it, that might be cool.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure this need to be "fixed", but maybe in the mean time you can press the home button twice and select which pane you want

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Do a half screen swipe only and it will only go to the next page. A spinning carousel at the spin it's at with a full swipe is pretty useless
Thanks, that was my problem. I came from a Pre & am accustomed to swiping all the way across. I have learned that when it happens I can tap the screen and stop it. It would be nice if they had a check box for preventing slotmachine spin though.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's useless.

HTC is (unfortunately) trying to be too much like apple. Bunch of animated transitions? Check. Lack of options? Check. Acting like only they know what is best for you? Check.

I like the standard animations and such going from page to page, but the full carousel serves absolutely no purpose. At first I thought a full spin would ALWAYS take you back to the home screen when it was done.. but all it does is spin a few times and bring you back to the exact same page. WTF is the point of that?

Couple that with the utterly useless dock and you're irritating me. Sure, I get it, you think the phone button is the most useful thing in the world so you make it take up 2 "slots". Even though it's used more as everything else.. But at least it's useful at times. IMO the biggest tragedy with the dock is that they waste space for the "All apps" button and "Customize." Both, btw, are a menu->click away from being selected, yet we can't customize it. How often do you use the customize button? About 850x less than I use the browser or another app.

And finally, the 1-page at a time app drawer is annoying. Again, stop being like apple, I don't want to swipe 8 times to get to the last set of apps, I want to just flick once and I'm there.

I'll probably install Go Launcher just to have a normal home again, but I would probably settle for the Carousel=Off alone.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
If you know which pages are what, then you should be able to stop the carousel at the correct page by looking that the marker at the bottom that spins simultaneously.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke