Google Voice Help

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have my GV setup on the web, instaled GV app on my phone, but when i go to Settings > Call > Voicemail Service. I'm not able to select GV, it just says My Carrier. I've tried uninstalling gv and re-installing, rebooting, but i still don't see the option to switch my vm provider to gv. Any ideas?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Two things.

Have you opened the Google Voice app for the first time to set it up?

Have you dialed the *97###-###-#### where the # represents your GV #?

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Two things.

Have you opened the Google Voice app for the first time to set it up?

Have you dialed the *97###-###-#### where the # represents your GV #?

1. I've definitely opened the GV app and gone thru the setup each time i've installed it. I don't click SKIP i click next to go thru the full setup.

2. I just tried dialing *97 xxx xxx xxxx (with x being my phone number) and i got a message saying "The feature code you entered is not valid".

I made my sprint number my GV number back with my OG Evo and GV was working just fine. Since porting my number to the 3D i haven't been able to get GV to work.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I haven't made my Sprint number my GV number yet.

Dumb question, do you need to change the option in the Voicemail settings Google Voice because isn't that redundant when your Sprint number is your GV#?

Have you tried calling your cell and ignoring it to leave a voicemail to see if it is already working?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, doesn't making your Sprint number a GV number automatically make it your default voicemail provider? That is, you don't have to set anything up manually... Could be wrong, have you tested?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, doesn't making your Sprint number a GV number automatically make it your default voicemail provider? That is, you don't have to set anything up manually... Could be wrong, have you tested?

That was what I was wondering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze