Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Screen Turnd OFF/Black and menu bar stayd on(home-menu-etc

my htc evo 3d screen turn off or went black but the menu bar (home-menu-back-search) stayd on .. i had to take the battery off .. this happend on the frist day i bought it so i called sprint and i had it replaced ...so now i have a new one its been good till today as i used the task killer it kinda frozed and then the screen went blank or black. but the menu stayd on.. i had to take out the battery out .. i dont know if its the app task killer or if its something with the phone. . any one experiencing this problem?

Why would you want a taskiller if orgasm one built in its on status bar you probably crash stuff that need to be run

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Orgasm LOL sorry self correct keyboards

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Screen Turnd OFF/Black and menu bar stayd on(home-menu-etc

I was having the same problem although I did not use ATK. I ended up just doing an update to the firmware, profile, prl, and htc (settings->system update). Then I pulled my battery for about 2 minutes (sprint says just 1 minute is enough).

Since I did that, haven't had a single problem. before It was happening almost anytime I put the phone in my pocket along with other random times.

Give that a try before you go back to sprint; it may save you some time.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeahh im using the one it comes with now .. and yeah it happend to me too when i had it on my pocket . Havent had that problem now but if its something w. The firmware hope they fix it w. An update ..

Just when I thought everything was fixed, I started having the problem again. I took my phone into the sprint store and they did a hard reset on it.

Again, I thought that fixed it, but after I did a restart, it started misbehaving again. It gives me the strange problems. My swype board isn't tracing, and it stuck displaying all caps even when it is typing lower case. Of course, that is minor to having my phone totally lock up and having to pull the battery just to restart it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow . Good thing i dont use swype lol .
    Lets just hope they fix alk this issuse before its to late . After all evo 3d it suppose to be top of the line smartphone .

I think we need to start a support group. It is seriously driving me crazy.

For fixing swype, i just changed to a different keyboard and then went back to swype. Works like a charm.

I saw this article about doing a complete reset of the firmware which looks really promising. I'll try it tonight and report my results.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ml#post1074263

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Had the same problem(s).

To quick-fix Swype unresponsiveness, just long-press in a text box, change text input to default, then change back to swype. It resets swype and will show tracking, etc.

With the black screen, happened when I only had internet and angry birds running ;] the screen is still responsive, but just black. I had to do the battery reset thing too, but hasn't happened again to me.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeahh . Good thing i use the regular keyboard. But either way it shouldnt have any issuses with any keyboard or programs...
    I had to uninstall TSK cause i think that was the app messing up and making my phone get the black screen .
    WHEN IS THE DAY THE GOING TO MAKE A SMARTPHONE WITH NO BUGS OR PROBLEMS AT ALL.
    I just hope htc or sprint are aware of all this issuses. Or else we are doom ...