1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    nsx

Default Screen lockout

This is getting really frustrating...

The screen lockout is set at 1min (stock). Once the screen goes black, I can't use the damn phone. None of the buttons work. I have to press the Power button to get it to turn on again. The power button is tiny and a hassle to keep pressing.

Aren't you supposed to be able to just touch the screen and the phone comes back on?

p.s. Why does moving the phone around (i.e. flipping it around quickly) cause it to wig out by turning on the camera or Google search? I'm not even touching any buttons.

Please tell me these are user errors...

Default Re: Screen lockout

The whole point is that the phone puts itself to asleep after a period of time for security and battery life and then it can't be woken up without pressing the power button so you don't accidentally wake it up and start launching things. If you want, you can make the timeout period longer in the phone's settings. I don't have a problem with the power button on mine.

As for launching apps when moving the phone, I can only guess that you're accidentally pressing something or there's something wrong with your phone.

Default Re: Screen lockout

Sounds like you never had a touch face phone before? It is annoying at first, but you get used to it.

If touching the face allowed to wake the phone up, it would never sleep because rubbing around in your pocket would keep opening the screen.
    food for though. . .