Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Anyone know how to turn it off? It was nice for the first few days but the screen is so sensitive that I barely touch it and the screen spins like 3 times. I like that continuos between screens without having to go back but don't like the spinning effect. Thats honestly my only gripe with Sense 3.0, otherwise I love the phone.
  2. #2  
    Jeratain's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    The general consensus is "I wish I could turn it off." Without rooting, installing an alternative launcher, or an update from HTC, I don't believe there's any way to do this.
  3. #3  
    IcerC's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    it's crazy cause the sensation has the same carousel and does't spin near as easy.

    I hope they fix that and add/remove # of pages.

    For now I use laucherpro and it works perfectly.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Go to settings, display, animation. Select some animations shown. This will keep the carousel but remove the annoying spin.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Quote Originally Posted by jalbrant View Post
    Go to settings, display, animation. Select some animations shown. This will keep the carousel but remove the annoying spin.
    Bzzt. . . . wrong answer!
    Did you actually try this? Or just guess?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post
    Bzzt. . . . wrong answer!
    Did you actually try this? Or just guess?
    Yeah i tried even turning off all animations and it doesn't get rid of it. I just don't understand its purpose, its just takes longer to get to a screen if he spins like that for a few seconds.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    Yeah i tried even turning off all animations and it doesn't get rid of it. I just don't understand its purpose, its just takes longer to get to a screen if he spins like that for a few seconds.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

    Made it a lot less sensitive on mine...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    I don't know what you guys are doing but i can't get it to spin unless I really want it to. Why is it there? Because It's cool I guess. I mean why do people get third party launchers. Same reason. It's cool and different.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Mine is pretty sensative too. if im not paying attention it will fly. I dont see the purpose either, but sure its in the logic same as normal web scrolling. Both this and my 4G if I flicked a certain way would shoot to the end of the page fast.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Mine's pretty sensitive. It's started spinning on its own without me trying to on a number of occasions.

    It is a neat little effect, but I wish I could turn it off.
  11. #11  
    SirRob94's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I don't know what you guys are doing but i can't get it to spin unless I really want it to. Why is it there? Because It's cool I guess. I mean why do people get third party launchers. Same reason. It's cool and different.
    I had already created a thread about this because I dislike it as well. Someone in that thread pointed out that swiping the entire screen causes the spin vs. Just half the screen. Seems to have helped me, but I still think the slot machine spin is pointless. It should be really difficult to spin it like that. I remember the second I got the phone thinking WTF? because I barely swiped and it spun out of control.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    I like this phone but it's just full of gimmicks and the carrusel is one of them. All they did is hurt the user experience with so many gimmicks.
  13. #13  
    CarrieK's Avatar

    Posts
    966 Posts
    Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    I actually like the carousel. All it takes is a slight flick to the left to get to my last screen instead of having to scroll all the way through all the screens. Having said that, there should be an option for people who don't like it to be able to disable it and include a setting to adjust the spin speed.
    Please thank me if I have helped!

    Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Quote Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
    I had already created a thread about this because I dislike it as well. Someone in that thread pointed out that swiping the entire screen causes the spin vs. Just half the screen. Seems to have helped me, but I still think the slot machine spin is pointless. It should be really difficult to spin it like that. I remember the second I got the phone thinking WTF? because I barely swiped and it spun out of control.
    Yes it never happens to me because that is how I scroll... If you dont want your homescreens to spin follow ^ instructions... I was wondering why people were having that happen..
  15. #15  
    McPlot's Avatar

    Posts
    808 Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Full or really fast swipe across the screen, you get the spin. Slow or short swipe, the next page. Once you learn to use it, it is pretty cool.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Pretty sure we know how to do it or not do it.. just not 100% accurately since sometimes it happens regardless of how you think you're doing it.

    The point is, other than aesthetics, there's no reason for it.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    mine is useless because it spins so fast you can't control it. It is hard to start so it doesn't really bother me but it is useless
  18. #18  
    dkmrules's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Yeah for me it will only spin if I flick it really fast, and its easy to control.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    Anyone know how to turn it off? It was nice for the first few days but the screen is so sensitive that I barely touch it and the screen spins like 3 times. I like that continuos between screens without having to go back but don't like the spinning effect. Thats honestly my only gripe with Sense 3.0, otherwise I love the phone.
    I see no point in it spinning so fast, you can't do anything with it.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Sounds like a lot of us are used to other devices such as the Evo4G and this carousel effect will just have to take some more time getting used to, as another user pointed out, Im sure another launcher or a rooting may lighten the issue a bit
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    But I'm in love with Sense 3.0 the widgets, weather animations, the way everything works is smooth. It's the first and still the only useful Android UI skin. HTC designed it with functionality in mind. Moto and Samsung are just idiots and it slows down their phones more than helping anything. I know Sense bogs the phone down but at least I'm getting a great looking UI and a lot of cool features that apps out there charge for.

    Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk
  22. #22  
    Quis89's Avatar

    Posts
    582 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    I dont have this issue at all. I have maybe seen it spin once since I've had the phone...and thats only because I wanted to show it off so I made it do it...
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I don't know what you guys are doing but i can't get it to spin unless I really want it to. Why is it there? Because It's cool I guess. I mean why do people get third party launchers. Same reason. It's cool and different.
    Really? Makes me wonder if some phones are more sensitive than others. Mine is ridiculously sensitive.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Yeah, my Rezound is very sensitive. Plus, like other's have said..it's a pointless gimmick. It should have the ability to disable it.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

    Yeah, I get spinning a lot of times when I don't want to. It's kinda annoying at times.

    You know what's funny. When the Evo 3D and the Sensation came out, there was a video about how the Evo 3D spins easier than the Sensation. The general consensus back then was that the Evo 3D wins because it's more "responsive". I guess people were still enamored with the carousel effect. Now everyone wants it to be less sensitive/"responsive".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions