3D adjustments

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I was playing w/ my Evo 3D yesterday and happened to come across a feature in the gallery for adjusting the 3d in a picture. After playing with it the pictures I have taken and even the demo pictures seem so much better. Has anybody else played w/ this setting, or did anybody even know about this neat little feature.

Reactions: fredrickhstn

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was playing w/ my Evo 3D yesterday and happened to come across a feature in the gallery for adjusting the 3d in a picture. After playing with it the pictures I have taken and even the demo pictures seem so much better. Has anybody else played w/ this setting, or did anybody even know about this neat little feature.

Think you might want to expand on this feature you found.

rwest311

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
While looking at a 3D pic in landscape...tap the screen and you will see a "magic wand" icon 2nd from the left...tap that icon and then you can adjust the 3d alignment for each individual pic...
:)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I found that works best with pics that are taken close up with not much depth.
I have to adjust them to be centered. Pics taken with longer distances seem to be more accurate and are require less or no adjustment.
Thats just on my device though.

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
While looking at a 3D pic in landscape...tap the screen and you will see a "magic wand" icon 2nd from the left...tap that icon and then you can adjust the 3d alignment for each individual pic...
:)

Sorry didn't post back sooner. Pesky full time job got in the way. The magic wand you get a series of choices that include:

Save as 2D
Adjust 3D alignment
Crop
Effects
Rotate Right
Rotate Left

If you choose the 3D alignment it give you a button on either side of the picture in which to adjust the 3d image accordingly. It took some fiddling around but once I hit that sweet spot I wasn't as limited to the narrow field of vision to get that 3d effect to work.

SEJ

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If you choose the Save as 2D option, does it create a new image in 2D (so you have that pic in 2D and 3D) or does it convert the same file to 2D so you only have that pic in 2D, not 3D?

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you choose the Save as 2D option, does it create a new image in 2D (so you have that pic in 2D and 3D) or does it convert the same file to 2D so you only have that pic in 2D, not 3D?

You know very good question. One sec let me check myself.......I saved one of my pictures as a 2d and it actually asks you if you, and I quote, " Would you like to save a 2D copy of this 3D image?" If you click ok it does just that, saves it as a 2d image while still preserving the original 3d image.

SEJ

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You know very good question. One sec let me check myself.......I saved one of my pictures as a 2d and it actually asks you if you, and I quote, " Would you like to save a 2D copy of this 3D image?" If you click ok it does just that, saves it as a 2d image while still preserving the original 3d image.

Nice. Thanks.

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I been using that feature since the second day i had the phone, it actually makes pictures clearer & gives it a better 3D depth! I wish we could we could of use this feature on the videos too. It even takes away the little "headaches" people seem to get at first.all in all it runners the 3D aspect & the sharpness. It seems to be hidden & should of been put at the forefront with It's own icon,after all it is one of the more important tools for 3D.