Volume Boost for Evo 3D

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this accomplishes the same thing, but I seen 2 way to improve call volume/quality.

1) "Settings" --> "Call" --> Check the box next to "Hearing aids"
This should boost the call volume. (I haven't done this to verify)

2) dail "##data#
select "edit mode"
input your MSL (you'll have to get it from sprint customer service or follow the guide here: [How To] Retrieve MSL CDMA Workshop Method - xda-developers I got mine from customer service very easily just by asking, but sometimes they are hesitant to give it out.)
select "Advanced Options"
enable "EVRC-B"
change "Home Orig" and "Roam Orig" to "EVRC-B"
tap menu and save changes

EVRC-B is the more advanced cellular voice encoding format, and should improve your call quality. FYI, if you for whatever reason you don't like the change or are uncomfortable with it you can always change it back (i.e. we didn't make any permanent changes).
Fix the Voice Quality Issue On Evo 3D [Guide]
Enhanced Variable Rate Codec B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI, I changed to EVRC-B and have been satisfied with the call quality, so I didn't turn on the "hearing aid" option

Dirty1

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You should open the Volume+ app (remember don't press the back button this will close the app)--> Press the Home Button when finished with the settings, Check Speaker Modifications, check Virtual Room Effect, Go to EQ settings I have my setting on "Selective" (you can choose the setting that is best for you),

Volume level (I have mine on +8 (this is 8 more then the EVO 3D's top volume) with the new update for the Volume+ app it goes all the way up to +14 (wow, nice, but like I said mine is on +8), Bass Enhance I have mine on +2, Virtual Room +6, Check the next Speaker Modifications (under Advanced Settings-will automatically override), under EQ Settings- WARNING-be careful I have: Low 39 (don't worry these setting go all the way up to 200) Low/Mid 98, Mild 144, Mid/High 160, High 170, Volume level 10 (goes up to 15), Bass Boost 5 (goes up to 15), Echo/Delay 4 (goes up to 15)

I have the same setting for the "Headset Setting" settings for the headphones. These are my settings. I had them set like this for the last week and a half no problems. Remember the Volume+ app must be running in order for these setting to be effective. Most people close the program on purpose or by mistake then claim the app doesn't work (any app that is not turned on "won't work" Lol)

jerseypimp

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You should open the Volume+ app (remember don't press the back button this will close the app)--> Press the Home Button when finished with the settings, Check Speaker Modifications, check Virtual Room Effect, Go to EQ settings I have my setting on "Selective" (you can choose the setting that is best for you),

Volume level (I have mine on +8 (this is 8 more then the EVO 3D's top volume) with the new update for the Volume+ app it goes all the way up to +14 (wow, nice, but like I said mine is on +8), Bass Enhance I have mine on +2, Virtual Room +6, Check the next Speaker Modifications (under Advanced Settings-will automatically override), under EQ Settings- WARNING-be careful I have: Low 39 (don't worry these setting go all the way up to 200) Low/Mid 98, Mild 144, Mid/High 160, High 170, Volume level 10 (goes up to 15), Bass Boost 5 (goes up to 15), Echo/Delay 4 (goes up to 15)

I have the same setting for the "Headset Setting" settings for the headphones. These are my settings. I had them set like this for the last week and a half no problems. Remember the Volume+ app must be running in order for these setting to be effective. Most people close the program on purpose or by mistake then claim the app doesn't work (any app that is not turned on "won't work" Lol)

Wow that did the trick, by not hitting the back button and closing the app. I've been playing with this volume issue for about a month now and finally have a solution.

Reactions: Dirty1

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow that did the trick, by not hitting the back button and closing the app. I've been playing with this volume issue for about a month now and finally have a solution.

Do you have to do this trick on every reboot? I ask cause I switch batteries often which turns off the phone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not an app, but those two little rocker buttons on the right side of the phone controls the volume. The button on the bottom lowers the volume.

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get mine to boost the speaker phone. I promise I've read and reread these posts, all of them. I still can't get a louder speaker phone. Other sounds on my phones seem to be distorted and loud but my speaker phone is still the s ame volume. I selected speaker and boosted everything; I selected virtual room and boosted everything; after making the selections I pressed the home key rather than the back key.

Is it possible that I need the update? I downloaded it off of amazon market instead of the android market. Could that be a problem?

:-\

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter where you got it. It does state that that there's a partial fix for the sensation and E3D but it still doesn't work for some. I bought it and tried the crap out of it for 13 minutes and it did no good. I also followed the OP's recommendations for settings and it didn't work. So I bought Equalizer and it works like a charm. It doesn't actually "boost" volume but you can control Eq presets and customize it to your liking adding higher highs and lower lows for a more full sound.

Reactions: mdallen5

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My volume seems to be fine except for on the Voicemail app. Seems like whether I play it via the speaker or earpiece it always seems too quiet.:'(

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Any updates on this? I'd love to find an app to help with the speakerphone and headphone volume. I'm rooted, if that helps. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke