Who else is having data connectivity issues?

Joseph M

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am very disappointed at my E3D's connection to 3G and 4G. Not sure if is my phone or sprint but i doubt is the phone. My 3g connection is 75% BAD. The 3g icon has dispersal off the screen 4 times since lunch date, when i do get signal i usually get less than 300 kbps down and less than 100 kbps up, usually a lot less. I have only gotten more than 1 mbps a few times and it only happens EARLY in the morning.

My 4g connection is worst. I only get one bar in my apartment in NYC and i keep loosing connection ALL the time. The phone wont stay on 4g for long and after a while it just switches back to 3g and i have to constantly tap the ''tap to scan for 4g service" option to reconnect. My speeds are usually below 2mbps down and 500 kbps up, and a lot of the time I've gotten below 400kbps down and 100 kbps on 4g, ITS INSANE!!!!.......Again i have only gotten speeds from 3-8 mbps down a few times and its only in the morning OUTSIDE.

I really dont know what to do. I LOVE my evo 3d but the main reason i sign with sprint is because i thought they had good data service. I am up to the point where im about to cancel my contract and go to verizon, no matter if i end up paying 500 dollars in the process :'(

By the way i have called sprint and all they did was reset my service.It seemed to work for a bit but then it went back to its ****y self. What should i do?

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
You aren't the only one having this problem. There is another thread in here about the signal strength being weaker than the evo 4G and weak in general. The first few days I had the phone, I noticed the signal was a bit weak, but nothing to worry about. Just days after I put up my review on my blog, I started having issues, the same issues as you. I may drop in the sprint store some time next week (I didn't get a chance today, it was working OK anyway) and see if they know what's up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Then there are lots of people like myself who are having no signal issues and say the signal is actually better on the EVO 3d then the EVO 4g.

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I live in Columbia SC and they told me it was tower issues yet they did a hard reset on my phone so I told them I wanted to exchange it they said I wasn't able to because of some bs I then returned for a refund and purchased another EVO 3d because you can rerun any phone within a 30 day period and this EVO gets better 3g speeds than the previous

blacknoise84

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I am. My phone gets awful reception in my home and my data speeds usually hover between 55-125 kbps at any given time. I can get 1mbps down 3/4 mile away from the house! The antenna software on this phone is really buggy

affliction

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
i have noticed data speed dropping on my phone aswell but it seemed to be when i got a new hard case for my phone i toke the case of and i am going to test the difference for a few days to c whats going on

gwap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think its Sprint because I had a EVO 4g and those were my speeds in NYC. I switch to Verizon and the Thunderbolt, huge difference I get 4g everywhere.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
3g always works but is slow compared to any other carrier. It's a known issue that Sprint refuses to acknowledge. The 4G is a novelty, it works about 50% of the time for me.

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am very disappointed at my E3D's connection to 3G and 4G. Not sure if is my phone or sprint but i doubt is the phone. My 3g connection is 75% BAD. The 3g icon has dispersal off the screen 4 times since lunch date, when i do get signal i usually get less than 300 kbps down and less than 100 kbps up, usually a lot less. I have only gotten more than 1 mbps a few times and it only happens EARLY in the morning.

My 4g connection is worst. I only get one bar in my apartment in NYC and i keep loosing connection ALL the time. The phone wont stay on 4g for long and after a while it just switches back to 3g and i have to constantly tap the ''tap to scan for 4g service" option to reconnect. My speeds are usually below 2mbps down and 500 kbps up, and a lot of the time I've gotten below 400kbps down and 100 kbps on 4g, ITS INSANE!!!!.......Again i have only gotten speeds from 3-8 mbps down a few times and its only in the morning OUTSIDE.

I really dont know what to do. I LOVE my evo 3d but the main reason i sign with sprint is because i thought they had good data service. I am up to the point where im about to cancel my contract and go to verizon, no matter if i end up paying 500 dollars in the process :'(

By the way i have called sprint and all they did was reset my service.It seemed to work for a bit but then it went back to its ****y self. What should i do?

im also in NewYork & am having the same 4G connection problems for the last 5 days! i was getting average downloads of 9 to 10mbs! but then all of a sudden i just cant download anything, the 4G connection icon is there as if it is connected but cannot download. im assuming its the network having problems seeing as the phone does pick up the signal. i cant even get into a simple web page! i havent called sprint yet & im actually using this phone for the 30 day trial & was extremely satisfied with service & wimax, 9 to 10mbs unlimited is awsome & i even get bursts up to 13mbs! which is insane. verizon gets an average of 7 to 12mbs here in NY but its not unlimited. i dont know if its the fact that they might be activating the SMR bandwidth that the evo3D supports, its the new 800mgz frequency theyll be that is from the iden network, but will be used for 800mgz voice & data (LTE) in the coming year. theyll also be using the wimax (first multimode network in us, sprint vision network) so if that is the reason it would be a passing problem. but if not then its something more serious? congestion? i doubt that it is that, but what then...

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
im also in NewYork & am having the same 4G connection problems for the last 5 days! i was getting average downloads of 9 to 10mbs! but then all of a sudden i just cant download anything, the 4G connection icon is there as if it is connected but cannot download. im assuming its the network having problems seeing as the phone does pick up the signal. i cant even get into a simple web page! i havent called sprint yet & im actually using this phone for the 30 day trial & was extremely satisfied with service & wimax, 9 to 10mbs unlimited is awsome & i even get bursts up to 13mbs! which is insane. verizon gets an average of 7 to 12mbs here in NY but its not unlimited. i dont know if its the fact that they might be activating the SMR bandwidth that the evo3D supports, its the new 800mgz frequency theyll be that is from the iden network, but will be used for 800mgz voice & data (LTE) in the coming year. theyll also be using the wimax (first multimode network in us, sprint vision network) so if that is the reason it would be a passing problem. but if not then its something more serious? congestion? i doubt that it is that, but what then...

I'm in NY too and the 1st week with the E3D was pure bliss. This week has seen 4G become almost non-existent. Even when I have a full signal it rarely connects me to the net and when it does I'm getting slower than 3G speeds. I called Sprint this morning and they reset some things which got me back on the 4G network but I'm only getting about 1.5 down whereas it was consistently 10 or better last week. If it hasn't cleared itself up within a week of the 30 day return period I'm afraid the E3D is going back and I'll go back to using my DX until the Bionic finally ships.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
sprint's network has been a mess for 6 months now. soo bad they let me out of my contract with no eft's fees on two lines of service. i know im paying more on verizon but soo far it's worth it.

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have is the internet intermittently stops working and I have to restart the phone.this has happened about six times since launch day.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have is the internet intermittently stops working and I have to restart the phone.this has happened about six times since launch day.
I have the same issue from time to time. I usually just turn off mobile network then turn it back on.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues, usually get 800kbps in my building, but today downtown Columbus it's acting like a turd for whatever reason. Not too slow, like 400, when it works.. but it's the when it works part that is a problem today.

Joseph M

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Today the phone has been stuck on 1x the whole day and im getting insanely horrible speeds. When i switch to 4g, the most i get is 600kbps down. I am tire of this stupid service, i will definitely cancel my contract since im paying for a service they are not providing me. It will hurt since i absolutely love my E3D more than anything :':)':)'(.

By the way, im a new customer on sprint and signed with them when the evo lunched. I have heard that i got 30 days to return the phone and cancel the service if i dont like it. My question is, Am i going to have to pay the cancellation fee?

budweiser

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Had no 4G again today, none around 9am even thought it had 2-3 bars... Around 10:30am it wouldn't even connect to 4G. Then at around noon again 3 bars but no service.

Sometime after 2pm 4G came back on.

3G was very slow in the morning too

Last edited: