BMW bluetooth problems

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with their contacts coming down to the car? The phone and car will sync but after waiting a while the contacts won't be in the car. Never had an issue with the EVO 4G it's also not a problem with my Alpine stereo in another car. I'm thinking it's just an issue HTC needs to release a fix for. Just curious if there's anyone NOT having a problem with a stock BMW stereo?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a BMW, but I have successfully uploaded my contacts over bluetooth with my 3 year old Pioneer navigation unit that I have in my car.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My phonebook downloads fine to Ford Sync, however the phone does ask me for permission before allowing the car to download it. I told it yes and to remember my setting. If you're not paying attention to the phone you could easily miss the notification.

tubby#AC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
hey wernd, I was having the same problem getting my contacts to load in my BMW using my htc incredible. I searched around and someone mentioned downloading the "bluetooth file transfer" app from the market. I gave it a try and it fixed the problem, the contacts loaded and everything is working. hope this helps you. :)

Reactions: wernd

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2010 535iGT and had a similar problem. I found after some trial and error that if you are in the car and then turn on the bluetooth on the phone, sometimes the contact list sync hangs up. If you have the bluetooth on the phone turned on before getting in and starting the car, it seems to connect and sync just fine as soon as you start the vehicle. Hope this helps.

Reactions: wernd

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2010 535iGT and had a similar problem. I found after some trial and error that if you are in the car and then turn on the bluetooth on the phone, sometimes the contact list sync hangs up. If you have the bluetooth on the phone turned on before getting in and starting the car, it seems to connect and sync just fine as soon as you start the vehicle. Hope this helps.

I have a 2011 Kia Optima SX and the contacts sync has also been hanging up as well. There is also times where after I turn off the car, the bluetooth says it is still connected to the car. Even sometime hours after the car is off. When I get in the car, it says it is connect but never is.

Does the bluetooth hang up immediately after you car turns off or does it still show connected???

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. Tried the Bluetooth file transfer and some other things but nothing seems to be working. It will connect to the point of using the car for audio but the contacts won't go to the car. My wife's car has I-drive and I'm having the same issue. I have another car with an Alpine head unit and that works just fine. I can browse contacts etc...not sure what to do other than hope for a fix from Sprint for this and other things. Like I said, thanks for the help though

todeo70

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with their contacts coming down to the car? The phone and car will sync but after waiting a while the contacts won't be in the car. Never had an issue with the EVO 4G it's also not a problem with my Alpine stereo in another car. I'm thinking it's just an issue HTC needs to release a fix for. Just curious if there's anyone NOT having a problem with a stock BMW stereo?
I'm having the same issue with my EVO 3D and my 2006 BMW 325i. Pairs fine for audio, but contacts do not transfer. Never had this issue with my original EVO 4G. Let me know if you find a fix.

Tzzird

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried what poster number 8 had success with in here:

http://www.evo4gforum.net/htc-evo-4...a-bluetooth-to-toyota-4runner-in-dash-system/

"Success!!! I exported the .pcf file to the sd card on the phone, downloaded astro and then sent the pcf file to the truck via astro and VOILA!!! I now have my address book synched. Now I need to delete some of the contacts!!!"

Didn't work for me. Both Astro and Bluetooth File Transfer gave me the error message "Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service."

Doesn't make sense though, as the contacts transferred over perfectly on the EVO 4G.

EmM HoLLa

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried what poster number 8 had success with in here:

http://www.evo4gforum.net/htc-evo-4...a-bluetooth-to-toyota-4runner-in-dash-system/

"Success!!! I exported the .pcf file to the sd card on the phone, downloaded astro and then sent the pcf file to the truck via astro and VOILA!!! I now have my address book synched. Now I need to delete some of the contacts!!!"

Didn't work for me. Both Astro and Bluetooth File Transfer gave me the error message "Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth service."

Doesn't make sense though, as the contacts transferred over perfectly on the EVO 4G.

06 6 Series.. I had the same issue.. My issue happened with my EVO 4G AFTER i upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread.. I am beyond upset at this.. Since I specifically switched from The Epic to the Evo so that I could have the bluetooth sync with the BMW iDrive. I suspect whatever issue we all are seeing with our Evo's whether it be the 3D or 4G it is directly related to Gingerbread. I hope the folks over at Google can fix this.. If not I will be ditching my Evo for an iPhone..

neo3d

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
06 6 Series.. I had the same issue.. My issue happened with my EVO 4G AFTER i upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread.. I am beyond upset at this.. Since I specifically switched from The Epic to the Evo so that I could have the bluetooth sync with the BMW iDrive. I suspect whatever issue we all are seeing with our Evo's whether it be the 3D or 4G it is directly related to Gingerbread. I hope the folks over at Google can fix this.. If not I will be ditching my Evo for an iPhone..

It's definitely NOT a GB issue. I had GB running on my Evo 4G and contacts synced over like a charm to my 2006 5 Series.

Now that I have this Evo 3D, it doesn't work anymore.

I called HTC about the problem and they said to return the phone and buy a different model.

I wish I could.

EmM HoLLa

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely NOT a GB issue. I had GB running on my Evo 4G and contacts synced over like a charm to my 2006 5 Series.

Now that I have this Evo 3D, it doesn't work anymore.

I called HTC about the problem and they said to return the phone and buy a different model.

I wish I could.

Yes it is.. Let me explain why.. When I upgraded my phone to 2.3 the bluetooth still worked fine. But I noticed my new contacts were not being synced. All contacts that I added after I upgraded did not show up in the contact list. So I thought maybe the phone needed to be reset. So I did a factory reset. Once I did that.. None of my contacts synced anymore. It seems that all the contacts that you got to sync prior to the upgrade to 2.3 will continue to sync but anything that gets added afterward will not be synced with the iDrive and if you do a hard reset. No contacts will sync..

gfconsuegra

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here is what I found out about the HTC Evo Shift phone and the address book no longer appearing on my 2007 BMW 525i. Calls to HTC have been unproductive. Basically they say that the new system is likely not compatible with the older versions of bluetooth. They encourage me to contact BMW or to find a bluetooth app that might solve the problem. I have downloaded several apps that claim to fix bluetooth problems and again there were not successful. Continued searching resulted in this article:

Update for communication and entertainment (found on the official BMW site).

Finally some definitive results. Basically, it says that BMW has a software update to address compatibility of new bluetooth devices. I brought a printout of this article to my local BMW dealer. They confirmed that such an update exists and it will likely solve my problem (but no guarantees). Anyway, the software update service is about $150 and I am scheduled to have it done later this week. The update will change the 2006 version to 2011 and allow newer compatible devices to work. BMW posts bluetooth compatible phones on their site. By the way, for newer BMW's with a USB port, this update can be done by the owner at no cost. Also, this update will bring the rest of the car's systems up-to-date. Anyway, I'll post a further update later this week. Here is hoping.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hate to bring up an old topic, but this seems phone related.

I had Gingerbread running on my Nexus One, and had no problems with phonebook syncing to my 2006 BMW (non i-drive model). Now with my HTC Sensation on Gingerbread, I only get AUDIO, but no contact syncing.

I'm beginning to think it might have something to do with the SENSE interface on some HTC phones. My Nexus One ran AOSP Gingerbread, and it worked fine.. My Sensation runs Gingerbread + Sense, and it won't sync!!

What gives??!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam