Contacts and Facebook

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Currently my contacts list is showing both my phone contacts and all of my FB contacts (not sure how they got imported). How do I get rid of the FB ones? I only want my phone contacts in my contacts list.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Try doing to setting > accounts and sync > click HTC sense. Uncheck sync contacts

I have all the boxes there unchecked so fb for sense never syncs.

sent to you in three dimensions

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
If you just want facebook to sync with your current phone book contacts then go to your Contact book>menu>view and only leave Google and/or Phone (if you're using the internal, non-cloud-based phone book). Your contacts' pictures will still sync but you won't have a huge list of all of your facebook friends appearing in your phone book.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Try doing to setting > accounts and sync > click HTC sense. Uncheck sync contacts

I have all the boxes there unchecked so fb for sense never syncs.

sent to you in three dimensions

Under accounts and sync I have both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense. What's the difference between the two?. If I uncheck sync live feed under FB for HTC Sense will I still get real time FB updates or no?

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
If you just want facebook to sync with your current phone book contacts then go to your Contact book>menu>view and only leave Google and/or Phone (if you're using the internal, non-cloud-based phone book). Your contacts' pictures will still sync but you won't have a huge list of all of your facebook friends appearing in your phone book.

All I want in my contacts are people who I have added to my phone book list on my old (non smart) phone. Right now I have them plus a bunch of FB people. Guess I don't fully understand all the syncing stuff yet.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The sense one is used for contacts and pictures. Youbcan dobststus updates through it via the built in Friend stream. If you uncheck all of the sense one you will still get notifications from your other Facebook app

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The sense one is used for contacts and pictures. Youbcan dobststus updates through it via the built in Friend stream. If you uncheck all of the sense one you will still get notifications from your other Facebook app

So if I uncheck everything under FB for HTC Sense I will still get real time FB updates?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, just thought I'd mention I use "friendcaster" for my Facebooking. Give the free version a try, you may like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton