1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy There's got to be a way to fix the contact pictures

I linked my E3D to Facebook to obtain some pictures but my god, they are basically blurry blocks. Is there a way to fix this?
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: There's got to be a way to fix the contact pictures

Quote Originally Posted by whitehorse84 View Post
    I linked my E3D to Facebook to obtain some pictures but my god, they are basically blurry blocks. Is there a way to fix this?
    Menu
    People
    Choose a contact
    Scroll down to edit contact
    Click the drop down menu next to the picture
    Choose what source you want the picture to come from
    Click drop down menu next to contact name and choose same source as previous step
    Save

It should stick. In the previous version of Sense it would sometimes revert but I haven't had it do so in the 2 weeks I've had my E3D. If your contacts aren't in your Google contacts, you're stuck with the Facebook pics.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

ROM
    Stock

Why this happens is because when you link your account to google they save your contact pictures in the cloud. When they do this they convert them to some standard size to save space on their end. Someone really needs to tell Google to step up the resolution that they are resizing to and/or provide native resolution support.
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

Where are you getting that google is saving the fb pictures?

ROM
    Stock

google backs up your phone contacts, so if you have your FB contacts linked, they will do the same.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitehorse84 View Post
    If you sync with the Android Facebook app, the pics come out blurry. But if you sync with Facebook For HTC Sense instead, the pics come out MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by pookela5 View Post
    If you sync with the Android Facebook app, the pics come out blurry. But if you sync with Facebook For HTC Sense instead, the pics come out MUCH better.
    I only sync with sense and it still looks like crap

I read in another post somewhere that you need to delete the contact and then make a new one, but this time, you need to not link it to google and instead at the top of new contact, choose contact type "phone." that way it will not resize to google. unfortunately, the contact will not be linked to google should you need that. This technique works.