good battery app

gaandroid

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
my battery life is horrible. I was just wondering what the best battery app is out there from recommendations......

I have been playing a bit as it is a new phone, but still bad.

I was in one screen that told me display is 60% of usage.. Any way to modify this?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
my battery life is horrible. I was just wondering what the best battery app is out there from recommendations......

I have been playing a bit as it is a new phone, but still bad.

I was in one screen that told me display is 60% of usage.. Any way to modify this?

A battery app is NOT going to get you better battery life ... In fact you will end up being obsessed with it ... You have to take control of your phone and understand where your power resources are going ... I have a friend that said they get HORRIBLE battery life till I found out she had her data/4G/and something else on while she was at work ... IN A HOSPITAL ... The phone was constantly looking for a connection that just wasnt there ... I showed her an app that would turn certain things on and off according to location even within the hospital ... Her battery life improved dramatically ... That is just an example but a bunch of small tweaks will do much better than any battery app ... A second battery always helps too ... http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-accessories/99308-evo-3d-ebay-extra-chinese-batteries.html#post1051174

BlakeDW

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
A battery app is NOT going to get you better battery life ... In fact you will end up being obsessed with it ... You have to take control of your phone and understand where your power resources are going ... I have a friend that said they get HORRIBLE battery life till I found out she had her data/4G/and something else on while she was at work ... IN A HOSPITAL ... The phone was constantly looking for a connection that just wasnt there ... I showed her an app that would turn certain things on and off according to location even within the hospital ... Her battery life improved dramatically ... That is just an example but a bunch of small tweaks will do much better than any battery app ... A second battery always helps too ... http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-accessories/99308-evo-3d-ebay-extra-chinese-batteries.html#post1051174

What app are you talking about?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you calibrated your battery yet?
If not run the device untill it the battery gets so low it shuts its self off.
Then while its off plug it into the wall plug.
Once the RED charging LED turns Green, turn on the unit, the LED will go back to RED, leave it plugged in and on untill the LED turns GREEN. once this happens you can unplug it as you have now calibrated your battery.

I did this with mine and seems to be about 20% better battery life. I know i am not getting additional juice, i just know its reporting more accurately.

Also as the above posters mentioned, make sure you have all your connections checked properly.
If your in a low 3G / CDMA / Sprint coverage area the device will work harder and use more battery to search for better signal.
4G WiMax will use more battery.

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Juice Defender has been a pretty helpful battery app for me. If you read the "read me first" post, there is an entire section devoted to how to prolong your battery life.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/96518-read-me-first-htc-evo-3d-faqs-tips.html

Since changing my background and dropping my brightness to about 20% and adding juice defender (among many other tweeks), I have gotten excellent battery life. Give it a shot

Best app.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech