Anybody use the Lock Screen Apps?

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's got to be the hardest thing for me to get used to...I had the Optimus, then 4G, then NS4G, then Epic, and now I'm on the 3D and I have to say that I love this phone more than any of the others, and I love the lock screen apps, I just never seem to remember to use them....I mean to use them all the time, I even took the time to set them up in a certain order, as I am slightly OCD and things have to be in the right order for me, but I always catching myself just trying to throw the ring around to see if I can get it to bounce around, and then as it unlocks I remember I should have just used the shortcut...

Oh well, they will get used eventually...

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I use them. It did take bit to remember they are even there. I still forget sometimes. But after putting the flash light app on it, I use it all the time.

Chuck_IV

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I've actually turned my lock screen off. It really serves no purpose to me as I have prettly much the same icons on my home screen. So I'd rather have the home screen immediately after turning on the screen. Unlocking is one less thing I need to do.

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. I just made this forum my start page for my web app and placed it on the lock screen as well. I will miss my home screen. Perhaps I shall pay it a visit from tome to time.

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've actually turned my lock screen off. It really serves no purpose to me as I have prettly much the same icons on my home screen. So I'd rather have the home screen immediately after turning on the screen. Unlocking is one less thing I need to do.

I don't have anything on my home screen, I like to be able to see my wallpaper, so I have all my stuff set up and the immediate side pages...

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I use them all the time. I've got my phone, google talk, text messaging and browser on there since I use those most frequently. Saves a step. I dont have to unlock...wait for the pretty spin to finish then go. I can jump right in.

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I use them all the time. I've got my phone, google talk, text messaging and browser on there since I use those most frequently. Saves a step. I dont have to unlock...wait for the pretty spin to finish then go. I can jump right in.

I love the feature, I am just so used to not having it that I always forget to use it...

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I always forget to use it as well... I wish the gmail app would show the unread count as a badge. I don't understand why an app written by Google would lack this ability, while all of the stock apps do it. I know that there are gmail widgets you can buy to do this, but they don't look as good as the shock icon. /off-topic

~Drew

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
they don't look as good as the shock icon. /off-topic

~Drew

There are some widgets that actually use the stock Icon.

Using the lock screen (and most things on the phone) is all about muscle memory. force yourself to use it for a couple of days and your thumb will start pulling down the icons of its own accord :)

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find the place to customize the apps on the lock screen, can someone help me out?

Menu?personalize?lock screen...then when you have the lock screen that you want or use, click settings and it will bring up the quick apps, then just follow the instructions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol