1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I exchange or replace

I'm headed to Best Buy today to turn in my launch day evo 3d. The signal is terrible -- I can't get or make calls from inside the house -- my house, the neighbor's, down the street -- I've called Sprint and they have had me power it down and have done a 'reset' or something from their side, but to no avail.

My hotspot is slow from home, unless I put the phone on the windowsill or outside. I can't use access it in bed the signal is so bad.

I love this phone, and I don't want to turn it in, but I don't know what to do next. My original EVO never gave me one lick of trouble.

But, I traded it in, and so what are my choices? Exchange -- is the signal a problem with that phone in particular or all of the 3d's.

If I exchange it, does that vacate my rights to a different phone within the original 30 day warranty?

I'd depressed I have to do this, because I love this phone. But as my husband points out OFTEN, why spend the money on the phone when it obviously isn't working for me.
    boe

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Re: Should I exchange or replace

I contacted HTC about this. They said they got a number of complaints about this but at this time they said I must have defective hardware and I should return it.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangeyrd View Post
    I'm headed to Best Buy today to turn in my launch day evo 3d. The signal is terrible -- I can't get or make calls from inside the house -- my house, the neighbor's, down the street -- I've called Sprint and they have had me power it down and have done a 'reset' or something from their side, but to no avail.

My hotspot is slow from home, unless I put the phone on the windowsill or outside. I can't use access it in bed the signal is so bad.

I love this phone, and I don't want to turn it in, but I don't know what to do next. My original EVO never gave me one lick of trouble.

But, I traded it in, and so what are my choices? Exchange -- is the signal a problem with that phone in particular or all of the 3d's.

If I exchange it, does that vacate my rights to a different phone within the original 30 day warranty?

I'd depressed I have to do this, because I love this phone. But as my husband points out OFTEN, why spend the money on the phone when it obviously isn't working for me.
    Return the phone to sprint and get a replacement ... Because the phones are still new, you should be able to receive a brand new phone (not a refurbished one) ... If the new hardware works better for you then your ok, If the characteristics are the same with the new phone return it ... You can even return it for the Evo and only pay the difference in cost between the two WITHOUT losing your upgrade eligibility if you do all this within your 30 day grace period ... All in all be firm within your position with Sprint and you can work out some alternatives that suit YOUR wants and needs.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

You definitely have to be firm cause even in your 30 day grace period the reps in the store will try and convince you there's nothing wrong and all you have to do is reset your phone.

return it and then buy a new one so that your 30days start over thatsa what I did

If they bought it from BestBuy can they take it to Sprint for a 30 day warranty? I thought it had to go to BestBuy for that.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Had a car problem so I didn't get to Best Buy today --- but I am definitely going tomorrow. I assume that I have to go back to Best Buy, so that's where I'm starting out. I don't expect an issue, I have buy back, insurance, and the 30 day warranty --- they have all my money, so I should be covered. I think I'll try another 3d first before thinking about changing phones.