Slow 3G Fix!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So every since I got the 3VO my 3g speeds have been horrible compared to my og Evo. At first I thought well maybe Sprint was taking a dump. But I also have an Airave (which uses my home internet for 3
g) and it was also slow on there too. So that made me start to think. I had dont the 3G speed fix with changing the proxys and thought that may be it so I put it back to stock and tested. I could not get above 200-300 kbps for nothing. Then yesterday while messing around in the EPST Menu (##3282#) I noticed that under the EVDO Settings my preferred mode was set to CDMA Only. Somewhere I remembered that this should be set to Automatic. So I set it to Automatic, clicked Commit Modifications, rebooted and VOILA!!! my 3G speeds were back to what i'm used to.

So if anyone else is in the same boat as me, slow 3G no matter what, may want to grab your MSL code and check this setting.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
You can view first to check to see what the setting are for EVDO is first. Mine was already set to automatic and running at blazing speed. 3G was running at 1450 kbps download and 881 kbps upload. If yours is set to CDMA only, then call up Sprint and ask for your MSL number.

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
OR.... go download MSL reader from the market for free.. and get the MSL without calling or PMing anyone.. just a thought