EVO 3D Student Discounts

Newport000

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching from T-Mobile and was originally going to go with Verizon for the iphone but I found this deal for the EVO 3D with Sprint and it sounds more up my alley price wise. I live in downtown Boston so I think both carriers have decent service there. Do you guys think I should go with this Sprint deal? What do you think of the EVO 3D vs iphone?

Here's the deal I got in my email from Studentrate....

We are pleased to offer great discounts on HTC EVO 3D to qualified StudentRate.com members.

For New Customers:

$20.00 off regular price ($199.00 regular price with new contract)

15%-23% Discounts off of Monthly Recurring Service Fees available to qualified members

Click for more info on the Sprint HTC EVO 3D Deal

I.B. Pimpin

Banned
Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
EVO 3D vs iPhone... With all due respect... Are you freakin serious? Look at the specs. The 3D wins this battle by bus lengths. ALL the recent top tier Android phones decimate the iPhone. IMO the iPhone is equivalent to a mid range Android phone, and yes Sprint does offer a lot of Student and employee discounts.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
you dont get a straight student discounts. You have to go through that site. Sprint actually offers less discounts then verizon and att. I get discounts on both of those but sprint has my employer in the system but no code for discount. Kinda sucks but I really love the pone, plus sprints plan saves me the money I used to save with verizon with discount.

playersnoopy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just go through the everything plus referral program on sprint, all monthly services are $10/mo cheaper. Unless you get a better discount through a business account. Plus if you port your number from someone else you get a $125 credit.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I think both phones have strengths and weaknesses.

I have a bad memory so I love having my upcoming appointments on my home screen. I probably would have put my exam schedule and project schedule in my phone if they had something like that when I was a student. I don't think you can make your calendar always on your home screen with upcoing appointments. I believe on the iphone you have to select your calendar to view it.

The iphone has better battery life in my opinion.

The 3D has a bigger screen and can play flash so I find it better for surfing the web.

The iphone has itunes which I'm sure many students would find important - particularly if they want to share songs with their roommate or friends.

I'm sure there are plenty of points of comparison but I believe those would be the ones of most note.

And if you want to hack your phone you can tether with either but you'll get slight better speeds on the EVO.

Newport000

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well in terms of the iphone I'm thinking about, I was going to wait to see the specs of the "iphone 5" which is suppose to come out September. I don't know much about either phone right now. The iphone doesn't can't play flash?

nkd- you don't get a straight student discount?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I carry an ATT iphone 4 for work and my personal phone is an EVO 3D.
Just my personal preference but i do prefer the EVO 3D. This is something that really cant be answered on the forums. Each person had their own taste and desires and uses for a phone.
Your going to have to go to each store, hand the phones, do a lot of reading and make an educated guess.
Go for the EVO 3D. I am not a big fan of Verizon and how i have heard they lock down their stuff.

ksifa

Banned
Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
How can I find out if I qualify for this Sprint discounts? What are the eligibility requirements besides being a student? Also does the 15 to 23% depend on your school/state or something else?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Call them directly and start asking them.
There are different codes. I am sure theres a code for each school. Possibly a generic one for education or students or something.

ksifa

Banned
Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed you can register on the site with a regular email address not just a school email, so does that mean you can still get the discounts without being a student?

Newport000

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
How can I find out if I qualify for this Sprint discounts? What are the eligibility requirements besides being a student? Also does the 15 to 23% depend on your school/state or something else?

I was wondering the same thing so I asked some questions on their forum:
You are eligible for the discount when you sign up on the site - then you have to purchase your new device using the link they provide online. If you go buy it at the store, they can't apply the discount apparently.
you find out about the discount when you email them direclty. Dunno what exactly comes into play on that one.

I still wanna wait until I see that new iPhone, but the EVO 3D is tempting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa