3D, who needs it?

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a EVO 3D and so far, love it. (except for the screen not responding too often) As far as 3D, who gives a $#it?
I get the impression that when I show or tell none EVO 3D people & none techno geeks the 3D capabilities, they view it as a gimmick, and do not take it seriously.
Since the 3D is here to stay on the EVO, it should have never got a hardware switch. It should have only been a software switch within the camera app.
I think the 3D focus takes away from the serious capabilities of the EVO 3D.
I love the EVO, but too hell with the 3D.

PS, did I tell you my eyes still feel strained from fooling with the silly 3D for a few minutes?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I've used the 3D feature maybe 5 times since owning the phone since launch. Occasionally I'll play with it but I could do without it. It messes with my eyes if I use it for long periods of time.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The people who I have showed it to seem to think its a neat feature and like it.
I am happier with the device due to better battery life, better screen and overall improved performance.
My 3G / 4G speeds seem faster.
3D is good but if the specs were the same as the EVO 4G but they added 3D then i would not have bought one.

fortunado

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
It was pretty clear well before launch just from reading reviews and other impressions that the Evo 3d was a great device independent of it's ability to view 3d content.

Being two weeks into owning it, I'll concur, but viewing 3d content is a nice nice bonus. The right movies in 3d look incredible on this device.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You have a choice to use 3d or not. If you dont like it, dont use it. The 3d doesnt take away anything, its just an added feature. Professional recorded 3d content like movies look good, and once more 3d content becomes available more and more people will be using it, and enjoying 3d.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have had mine for all most a week now. I don't use the 3D at all...Mainly because its not perfected yet. So I happily leave my 2D button on and enjoy the phone otherwise! :)

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
You have a choice to use 3d or not. If you dont like it, dont use it. The 3d doesnt take away anything, its just an added feature. Professional recorded 3d content like movies look good, and once more 3d content becomes available more and more people will be using it, and enjoying 3d.

Almost, 5mp camera for 2d video/photos instead of a 8 or 10mp like its current competitors. I know mp isn't everything when it comes to cameras.

poopymonster

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I love watching 3D movies on my evo3D. I get mesmerized each and every time. Avatar 3D, Rio 3D, Resident Evil 3D and Drive Angry 3D.....are simply amazing to watch on my little 4.3inch qHD screen.

I even prefer it over 2D on the 42inch screen in my room!

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Almost, 5mp camera for 2d video/photos instead of a 8 or 10mp like its current competitors. I know mp isn't everything when it comes to cameras.

And considering the sensors in phones aren't that big or great, stuffing 8 or 10mp into the same space would just be a disaster.

I'm beyond happy with 5mp, it's plenty for me. Anyone who complains about 5mp not being enough both probably just shares pictures through facebook (which destroys them) or, if they do need 8mp for prints, probably has the worst collection of prints the world has ever seen (quality of the picture).

If you need a camera, get a camera. Do you cry that your camera doesn't browse the internet?

Hamboane

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Why do idiots start threads? forums are designed for people to discuss issues that may help each other out, if you dont like the phone or the 3d, either take it back or dont use it. Im tired of people crying about every little thing...it is a phone, not a God!

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
"Hamboane, Hamboane where you been? 'Round the corner drinking gin"

Mellow out Hamboane. This is a very reasonable discussion. I have been lucky enough to not have fallen victim to the awful service that is called Sprint, but I must say that they offer some awesome phones. I am very interested in people's take on the Evo 3D and the 3D concept on phones, in general, so I find this discussion very useful.

Try a little less sugar and a little less caffeine before you post. I know that can get me all nuts.

PS: While they might not be God, phones are very serious business and something that a lot of people hold sacred. Some people get all goofy and ret@rded over cars, literature, movies, paintings, etc.
I, along with many others, find the same thing in smartphones. We want to discuss, pontificate, critique...

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

Last edited:

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Why do idiots start threads? forums are designed for people to discuss issues that may help each other out, if you dont like the phone or the 3d, either take it back or dont use it. Im tired of people crying about every little thing...it is a phone, not a God!

Right, anyone that doesn't like what I like, or agree with me is an idiot. Wow!

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a EVO 3D and so far, love it. (except for the screen not responding too often) As far as 3D, who gives a $#it?
I get the impression that when I show or tell none EVO 3D people & none techno geeks the 3D capabilities, they view it as a gimmick, and do not take it seriously.
Since the 3D is here to stay on the EVO, it should have never got a hardware switch. It should have only been a software switch within the camera app.
I think the 3D focus takes away from the serious capabilities of the EVO 3D.
I love the EVO, but too hell with the 3D.

PS, did I tell you my eyes still feel strained from fooling with the silly 3D for a few minutes?

There is a simple fix for this don't use the 3D or get another phone. What are the serious aspects of 3D? Aren't pics movies in 3D for entertainment? I think the E3D is a serious contact device with some fun of 3D thrown in. I got this phone because of the HTC brand and the great things I heard about the EVO 4G except the batt life. Everyone I have shown the 3D pics to are amazed.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, let me try it this way so that those of you who have stock/shares in HTC won't worry so much about their share price going down, due to critism of their beloved 3D.
I like pretty much everything about the 3D. Even though I have found more bugs on it than I did my 4G. But I still have no regrets about getting it.
The 3D in the circle of people I interact with, the majority found the 3D gimmicky. They also gave me the impression that the 3D took away from the seriousness of the phone. None seemed impressed. Maybe I should have showed them the Green Hornet movie. Since my initial post all, the 3D I watched on the phone was recordings made by the phone. Since watching a few minutes of the Green Hornet, I have more appreciation of the 3D. The Green Hornet does not bother my eyes.
The phone has a lot to offer, but I still feel the 3D capabilities should not have beeen the main marketing point. I still also think that the 3D function is not worthy of a hardware switch.