Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default anyone having probmems with email not being checked. as schedule?

I have all of my 4 email accounts to be checked every 4 hours, but yet, many times when I just happen to open the email app, emails will start flooding in because my opening the app made the app check the mail. I get emails that arrived 5 hours ago or even the day before. I even set the peak days to every day.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Default Re: anyone having probmems with email not being checked. as sched

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I have all of my 4 email accounts to be checked every 4 hours, but yet, many times when I just happen to open the email app, emails will start flooding in because my opening the app made the app check the mail. I get emails that arrived 5 hours ago or even the day before. I even set the peak days to every day.

Any ideas?
    I'm pretty much having the same same issue ... I am using the stock email client for the most part even for my gmail accounts ( not using the gmail client ) ... I have tried Enhanced Mail, K9, Droidmail, and Kaitlin Mail ( which I liked the most ) but always end up going back to stock because they all lack something ... The best UI I liked was Kaitlin Mail but small things like lack of deletion confirmation and the window pain display bothers the hell out of me ... I guess maybe if I knew the difference between pushing and polling and however else I can get my mail immediately I guess it would be better ... For now I have just got in the habit of manually checking my mail often.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

I believe....

Pushing is when the email is pushed to you as it arrives.

Poling is your device going out and "checking" every so often.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

i'm having issues with email, yahoo wont work with stock program and AOL wont update unless i open it.

exchange server and gmail have been working ok with a few hiccups
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    4,510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah Gmail is getting pushed, as soon as the mail shows up, Gmail will let you know about it. I am not having trouble with Gmail, it seems to work just fine. The other email accounts are being polled, and I am telling the phone to check every 15 minutes, even during off peak times, so theoretically I should get all my mail quickly, but noooo.... I have to go there and check each account manually. Strange, because it did work fine before. This is a royal pain in the ***.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Polling every 15 minutes has to be killer on your battery. Hurts ne just thinking about it

Have you tried deleting the account and starting from scratch? Is the refresh wheel green in the settings -> accounts & sync?

sent to you in three dimensions
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    4,510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah the synch wheels are green for all four accounts. Don't think it will make any difference deleting the accounts and putting them back in since the email does arrive as soon as I check manually. They do show up, but I am not notified until either hours or sometimes even a day later, unless I check manually.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

I would try it with one at least. I have some buggy issues in the past and that seemed to fix it. Worth a shot

Why not forward your other mail to your gmail account and save on the battery by eliminating the polling?
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

Gmail checks fine, but hotmail schedule is kind of random

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

Any ideas?
    Push does not work when you are roaming. Maybe it is not correctly starting to push again. Do you have any roam areas near where you live/work?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    4,510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by taque View Post
    Push does not work when you are roaming. Maybe it is not correctly starting to push again. Do you have any roam areas near where you live/work?
    Of all my email accounts, Gmail is the only using push and it is the most reliable one I have. Although I do have a lot of roaming issues with this phone. Just now I was at the Radio Shack where I bought the phone, and it literally went from having 4 bars with 3G running to roaming and back again within one minute.

It's really starting to bug me.