Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the 3D?

    hey yall, just joined first post.

    After much research I decided to go with the 3d which Im picking up on monday once im back from business. I had the Palm Pre and used the palm/sprint profile which I just log into using my gmail address on the startup screen every time my Pre would break (had to have been at leat 8 of em I went through) and it would reload alllllllllll my contacts. Am i going to have any problem getting them onto my new 3D easily, or is there some other 3rd party program I should look at first, or can the sprint store do a good ole phone to phone hookup and transfer everything?

    also another quick question is how has the battery life been doing if your smart about it. I know people used to complain about the evo 46 battery life was horrendous but i think a lot of people werent very smart about it. if i am smart with the 3d (turn off 4g, wifi, bluetooth, set email synching to only 1 an hour or less, send about 25-30 texts during the day, 15 minutes of phone calls, turn the screen off immediately when done using it)....how long can i reasonable expect the battery to last. Yes i am aware that if you leave all that stuff on play video games and youtube movies you are going to kill the batteries in 4 hours, it a phone not a psp, what do you expect!
  2. #2  
    odd
    odd is offline
    odd's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts

    Default Re: coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the

    www.google.com/contacts

    My Pre sync'ed with google's contacts, I also maintained them with the website above, where you can delete / search duplicates, save a on the desktop, ect.

    When you first boot up your Evo 3D you can login with your google account and it will sync your contacts. By battery last depending on the activity, I usually am on Wifi, no 4G, and I turn bluetooth off. From the chart, it seems the display takes up the most juice on these phones. I would expect 18-24 hours of casual to low use before it died.
  3. #3  
    solo1's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

    Default Re: coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the

    Quote Originally Posted by CMILD561 View Post
    hey yall, just joined first post.

    After much research I decided to go with the 3d which Im picking up on monday once im back from business. I had the Palm Pre and used the palm/sprint profile which I just log into using my gmail address on the startup screen every time my Pre would break (had to have been at leat 8 of em I went through) and it would reload alllllllllll my contacts. Am i going to have any problem getting them onto my new 3D easily, or is there some other 3rd party program I should look at first, or can the sprint store do a good ole phone to phone hookup and transfer everything?

    also another quick question is how has the battery life been doing if your smart about it. I know people used to complain about the evo 46 battery life was horrendous but i think a lot of people werent very smart about it. if i am smart with the 3d (turn off 4g, wifi, bluetooth, set email synching to only 1 an hour or less, send about 25-30 texts during the day, 15 minutes of phone calls, turn the screen off immediately when done using it)....how long can i reasonable expect the battery to last. Yes i am aware that if you leave all that stuff on play video games and youtube movies you are going to kill the batteries in 4 hours, it a phone not a psp, what do you expect!

    Search is YOUR friend ... There are MANY threads on WebOS converts and support group ... Many questions can be answered within those threads ... Welcome fellow convert.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

    http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

    http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
  4. #4  
    capncurly's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the

    You'll have to search through the pre forums for the specific instructions, but I did it from my Pre. The problem was, I had my palm profile"cloud" account as the contact default, so while google contacts would show up on my pre, new contacts were added there instead of my google account. The worst part was that you have no way of accessing your palm profile contacts online to copy them. I found the solution in the pre forums. There is a command that you type into your pre via the dialer, and the phone creates a backup file for your pre's contacts. All you have to do then is get the file off your phone and upload it to your google contacts. The one downfall is that it will include ALLLLLLL of your pre's contacts, including the ones in your google account and the ones in your facebook account allong with the ones from your palm profile. It'll take a while to weed them out, but all you have to do is do it once, and you'll be set forever. Google the instructions.

    I am SO much happier with android.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the

    update, just got it at the store today and the rep did it for me no problem, lovin the phone! now lemme see how long real world battery life is!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the

    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Search is YOUR friend ... There are MANY threads on WebOS converts and support group ... Many questions can be answered within those threads ... Welcome fellow convert.
    Solo, here is your answer. Sorry you could not find it either.

    See the EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users thread in this forum if you are coming from webOS.

    It will take you to the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android where you will see how to Transfer webOS Contacts to Android.
  7. #7  
    solo1's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

    Default Re: coming from a Pre, will i be able to transfer contacts to the

    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Solo, here is your answer. Sorry you could not find it either.

    See the EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users thread in this forum if you are coming from webOS.

    It will take you to the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android where you will see how to Transfer webOS Contacts to Android.
    Smile ... It was not that I could not find it ... I just didn't need the info ... I was a launch day Pre owner and then a launch day Evo 4G owner, so I converted a long time ago and NEVER looked back ... Well maybe for the WebOS tablet.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

    http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

    http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

Posting Permissions