1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Palm Pre sms tone?

Gave up my Pre for the EVO 3D, but I miss webos.

Any former webos lovers find a good alert tone that sounds just like the Pre sms tone?

I'm nostalgic, I know. :-)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

Do you still have your Pre? You can grab the mp3 off of it.

~Drew

EDIT:
    I pulled the notification tone from my Pre that I keep around, but I'm having problems getting it up here.

EDIT 2:
    Ok, so i will do it this way...

This is the notification.wav file. I had some trouble with the alert.wav tone, but if that's the one you want, I can take a crack at it again. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bdGDL08; 07-15-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Re: Palm Pre sms tone?

Yea, I still use my Palm Pre ring tone on my EVO 3D

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    Gave up my Pre for the EVO 3D, but I miss webos.

Any former webos lovers find a good alert tone that sounds just like the Pre sms tone?

I'm nostalgic, I know. :-)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Like the others said, hook your Pre up to your computer and pull the alert files off of it. Then hook you 3D up to your computer and make a folder named "notifications" and throw the files you pulled off your Pre in that folder. They should then show up in your list of notification sounds.

*NOTE* I personally made a "notifications" folder only because I like to keep the things I put on the phone myself separate from the stock files.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

See when my friend got his 4G I made hm send me the "Vector" sound for my SMS on my Pre-! Now that I got the HTC EVO 3D I can just use that sound now! So its win win for me! But yes you can take the files from your old Pre- and use them on the Evo!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

I cannot seem to assign anything other than a HTC notification sound through Sense, and I really want my Power Rangers communicator notification.

How are you guys overcoming this?
    Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys for all the help!

I found the tone in the Zedge app. I downloaded it and works great. It put it in the right folder and I was able to select it without a problem.

Now if I could only figure out how to mod my 3D to be able to use my Touchstone Charger.
    Thanked by:
    chichi 

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    Thanks guys for all the help!

I found the tone in the Zedge app. I downloaded it and works great. It put it in the right folder and I was able to select it without a problem.

Now if I could only figure out how to mod my 3D to be able to use my Touchstone Charger.
    I also came from the Pre to the EVO 3D.

Here is a guide on how to use your Touchstone to charge your 3VO.

Link:

I haven't tried this myself. I do plan on buying the HTC dock for my EVO though.
    Motorola v265 < LG enV < Motorola Q9c < Palm Centro < Palm Pre < HTC EVO 3D

Iwent from a pre to an EVO 4g on launch day then to the 3d a week ago and I only use sedge also for ringtones

rockin an EVO. Evo 3d and a wifi xoom