Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Wifi Problems after 30-60 min Online

Got my EVO 3D the day it came out. It's been pretty solid, but I have had one consistent problem. After being on WiFi for 30-60 min, network connectivity drops out. It still shows connected to wifi but no network items work - Exchange, gmail, internet, google talk etc. It acts like it loses connectivity or an IP or something. But since it is still technically "connected" to wifi, it doesn't switch back to 3G. I have to turn it off and use 3G or switch it off and back on quickly and re-establish connection to wifi, then it works fine for 30-60 min.

I have tried this on 3 different wifi networks with three different access points: comcast stock, watchguard and linksys/cisco. Same thing no matter what. I'm about to call Sprint, but thought I'd post and see if anyone had thoughts on the issue.

Thanks.

Default Re: Wifi Problems after 30-60 min Online

Go under the network setting on the phone, and find the sleep policy and set to never. That should help.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Question Re: Wifi Problems after 30-60 min Online

Quote Originally Posted by Moose24 View Post
    Go under the network setting on the phone, and find the sleep policy and set to never. That should help.
    hmm, I feel dumb, but I can't find that setting anywhere in wireless or power settings. Can you help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by taque View Post
    hmm, I feel dumb, but I can't find that setting anywhere in wireless or power settings. Can you help me out?
    Go to Settings>Wireless&Networks>Wifi Settings>Menu>Advanced>Wifi Sleep Policy>Never.
    Thanked by 3:

Thanks Wiley, you got it before I got back to it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Red face Re: Wifi Problems after 30-60 min Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley_11 View Post
    Go to Settings>Wireless&Networks>Wifi Settings>Menu>Advanced>Wifi Sleep Policy>Never.
    Awesome! Thanks! I have to get used to all the extra "hidden" menus.

I have this issue too but I lose the connectivity I the middle of browsing so I don't think it's the sleep setting.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thumbs up Re: Wifi Problems after 30-60 min Online

Thanks, both of you! No problems since turning off sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by taque View Post
    Thanks, both of you! No problems since turning off sleep!

You can thank me by helping someone out when they need it.

mine is set to never but still have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by brooksman9 View Post
    mine is set to never but still have the same problem.
    I have the same issue. I knew of this setting and enabled when I first got the phone last month. Everything was running okay until a few days ago when it would mysteriously just drop a connection in the middle of browsing. It happens about 1-2 times a day now. Turning on/off the connection is an okay work around, but WHY is this happening in the first place? And HOW do you fix it?

Thanks, all!