1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Default HTC Sense backing up text messages

I was not aware that HTC sense backs up your text messages. I did a reset then singed back into hub and all my text messages were back. It's cool but wish there was info about it.

Default Re: HTC Sense backing up text messages

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that was possible.

But I do have a problem that's a bit off topic but still regarding TXT messages. It's a bug, that somestimes when I receive a TXT, the timing will be completely off. Say it's 4pm, the TXT timing will show I received it almost 4 1/2 hours later, and will show up as 8:30pm. This happens sometimes and now all the time.

The reason is why it's annoying, is because when I reply to the message, it won't show up as the most recent message. It'll show up beforehand because the message that was received is 4 hours in the future.
    Motorola v265 < LG enV < Motorola Q9c < Palm Centro < Palm Pre < HTC EVO 3D

Were you roaming. Cause when I roam and receive a Text message it always shows me some messed up time.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by stockkid07 View Post
    Were you roaming. Cause when I roam and receive a Text message it always shows me some messed up time.
    +1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

No one has any info on this?

ROM
    Stock 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    No one has any info on this?
    remember when sprint commented on an outage of the texting, I had the same problem.. It will fix itself in time. and finally HTC heard us when we said we don't like Hard resets deleting all our messages.
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it." -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by stockkid07 View Post
    Roaming messes up the time stamp from the tower.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

not only does sense restore the text msgs, it also puts back all your apps from the market.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

For everyone with the time problem, download an app called "SMS Time Fix" I downloaded it and haven't had any problems since.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makad View Post
    not only does sense restore the text msgs, it also puts back all your apps from the market.
    I didn't have that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Makad View Post
    I was under the impression the market will restore the apps you bought. unless you mean sense will back up the settings as well

The market restores apps. I had bought an EVO 3D on launch day, had several apps downloaded but was not happy with the phone. Returend it and got a Nexus and all the apps I had downloaded into the 3D were already synced into the Nexus, that was great saved tons of work.

As for the time stamp, there was issues when the phone was released of this happening.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

That never works for me. The only apps that show up are the two I actually paid for.