Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By solo1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Question Gameloft Games

Does anyone know if you can download the Gameloft games that I had gotten on my Pre- to the E3D? In other words will I have to buy them again?

I was reading somewhere that they will transfer them if you used the same email address in the app market...Can anyone confirm this? It would be awesome if this was in fact true!

Sorry I couldn't find the thread I was reading this in.

Default Re: Gameloft Games

I would also like to know this. I bought quite a few of them for my evo, now I have the 3d. But I'm guessing it's a no. Kinda like buying a game for xbox, then getting a ps3, you don't get the game for free for the ps3 just because you bought it for xbox. But I'm still hoping gameloft does it.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jzamora1978 View Post
    I would also like to know this. I bought quite a few of them for my evo, now I have the 3d. But I'm guessing it's a no. Kinda like buying a game for xbox, then getting a ps3, you don't get the game for free for the ps3 just because you bought it for xbox. But I'm still hoping gameloft does it.
    Your analogy is right on point .... If you buy it and use it on the same OS then you can transfer the game titles ... But going from WebOS to Android ( what I did over two years ago ) you have to buy it again to play on your Android device ... But ... I have heard of people emailing Gameloft and on a case by case basis they have made provisions on 1 or 2 games ... If you are a good customer for them they may work with you ... But I suggest that you contact them directly on your particular situation.
    Last edited by solo1; 07-17-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Thanked by:
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

It never hurts to ask.

It's bs honestly. When you buy games from a digital distribution platform you should be able to redownload and use them as much as you want/need. The only reason they get away from with this is because we let them. Ever hear of steam,direct2drive,origin,impluse and a ton of other platforms? You buy once and can use it on as many pc's as you want. What gameloft is doing is nonsense. Same OS different phone and I need to rebuy and give them more money for the same product? Noone else has a problem with this? Heh I'm not doing that.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Your analogy is right on point .... If you buy it and use it on the same OS then you an transfer the game titles ... But going from WebOS to Android ( what I did over two years ago ) you have to buy it again to play on your Android device ... But ... I have heard of people emailing Gameloft and on a case by case basis they have made provisions on 1 or 2 games ... If you are a good customer of for them they may work with you ... But I suggest you contact them directly on your particular situation.
    Thanks for the information Solo1! I will surely look into these options!

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy View Post
    Same OS different phone and I need to rebuy and give them more money for the same product?
    READ ... The answer is NO, you don't.

You buy once and can use it on as many pc's as you want.
    What are you talking about ... You just answered your own statement ... If you buy it once for a PC, you can play it on any other PC ... Damn dude ... There are some companies that demands that even if you buy a product for your PC, you can ONLY use it on 1 PC and must by another license to install on other PCs in your network ... And if your referring to WEB based gaming then you are comparing apples to basketballs ... Even though the distribution is digital doesn't mean you SHOULD receive it on multiple OS ... Your paying for someone having to develop for the format your using ... If you are having a difficult time with this, I suggest you either not deal with GAMELOFT at all or stick with one OS .
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

It's bs honestly. When you buy games from a digital distribution platform you should be able to redownload and use them as much as you want/need. The only reason they get away from with this is because we let them. Ever hear of steam,direct2drive,origin,impluse and a ton of other platforms? You buy once and can use it on as many pc's as you want. What gameloft is doing is nonsense. Same OS different phone and I need to rebuy and give them more money for the same product? Noone else has a problem with this? Heh I'm not doing that.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

According to game loft terms of service, you cannot transfer the games to another device. Even if you got a replacement EVO 3d. You can download it again to the same device for up to 3 years. I have heard of them allowing it after emailing them.

I was able to re-download my games to my replacement EVO 3D with no issues.
    Thanked by: