Swapping and for microsd cards?

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So I've had my 3D for about 3 weeks. And my 32gb class 10 micro sdhc card came today. I've never dealt with card formatting or swapping, so here is my understanding of the correct steps. Somebody please let me know if these are correct, and if not, what to do instead:

1) Power down phone, remove current microsd card.
2) Insert into sd card adapter and then insert into computer's sd card reader.
3) Copy all the files (ctrl +a, ctrl+c)
4) Pull the card
5) Insert new card
6) Right click in my computer and select "format"
7) Once done, paste (ctrl +v) contents of old card
8) Pull the card
9) Insert the new card into the phone then power it back up

Am I missing any steps? Can I skip any of those? Is there a different way this should be done?

theoneuafter

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Nope thats about right.
I just copied all card contents to a folder i called evo3d, then formatted the new card and copied all contenst of the folder to the new card.
Works perfect, its as simple as that.
Some people didnt even fornat the new card, I however always have.

mariotheotaku

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I dont mean to hijack this thread but what format should the new microsd card be? I have a mac and I have to do it a little bit different since it gives me options on how format the card such as FAT 32 and leopard extended.

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
SD card data transfer?

I now have a 512mb card to replace the stock 8mb. What all is involved in using the upgrade? How do I transfer data etc? Do I go to a Sprint store or can I do it myself?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I'm not rooted if that makes a difference....

Thanks!

jakrell

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: SD card data transfer?

I was wondering the same thing. I know how to transfer my pictures but what else do I need to transfer to my new 16gb card? I am not sure what is garbage and what isn't. Does it need to be formatted first?

jakrell

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Are there files on the current micro sd card you have to have? I have explored them and want to delete things I don't need or use but I really have no idea of what I am doing. I have a 16gb micro sd that will be here tomorrow and I know how to transfer simple things like music and pictures. Is the best answer to just follow the steps above?

mexiking10

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: SD card data transfer?

I now have a 512mb card to replace the stock 8mb. What all is involved in using the upgrade? How do I transfer data etc? Do I go to a Sprint store or can I do it myself?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I'm not rooted if that makes a difference....

Thanks!

I may be incorrect, but from my understanding, the phone comes with an 8gb card.. Not an 8mb card.