Anyone notice this about memory?

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice when you first got your phone that in the task manager it was using about 605 mb and about 200 free.....well it was getting Lo were and lose and nothing was showing up in the task manager so I revolted and now I have at least 300 mb free can anyone explain why it does that? Thanks in advance

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone notice this

Anyone notice when you first got your phone that in the task manager it was using about 605 mb and about 200 free.....well it was getting Lo were and lose and nothing was showing up in the task manager so I revolted and now I have at least 300 mb free can anyone explain why it does that? Thanks in advance

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

What do you mean revolted? I'm assuming you meant rebooted... As you use your phone more apps are being opened which use up more RAM. When you reboot you're closing those apps and basically starting fresh. I wouldn't worry about how much memory you have though. GB has very good memory management and with a 1.2ghz dual core you have plenty of speed for whatever you have to do.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone notice this

yea those Apps you see are pretty much frozen. When another app needs more memory the frozen app is usually killed off. Atleast that's what I understand from gb mem management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674