1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC response for Yahoo users

For those of you still using a yahoo account. Haven't tried it yet but figured I'd post it FWIW

Hello and thank you for contacting HTC.

We understanding that this issue can be frustrating for you and we are more then happy to provide assistance towards its resolution for you.

A few months ago Yahoo Inc made some changes to their mail servers that resulted in making it quite incompatible on most Android devices. As a result, Yahoo very shortly after released their mail app for use on android phones. This is definitely the preferred and easier method for accessing your yahoo mail on your android device as there is no guarantee that the mail settings we have for Yahoo will work.

However if you would still like to try to get the stock mail app to handle your yahoo email, use the following steps for a manual setup of your yahoo email account:

-open your stock Mail app
    -if no account exists already, tap Other(pop/imap)
    -if accounts exist, tap menu, select More, select New Account, choose Other(pop/imap)
    -enter yahoo email address and password(show password to verify correct entry)
    -tap Manual setup and enter the following information in its corresponding spots

Incoming server settings:
    Protocol: IMAP
    Email Address:
    Username: (has to be full email address)
    Password: users password
    IMAP Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Security Type: SSL
    Server Port: 993

Outgoing server settings:
    Login required - Checked
    Username: (full email address)
    Password: users password
    SMTP Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Security type: SSL
    Server Port: 465

Those settings should enable you to access your yahoo email account on your HTC Evo 3D using the stock mail app. Should these settings not work for you, you could try contacting Yahoo to see if they have different server settings that you could try.
    Thanked by:
    iEd 

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC response for Yahoo users

My Yahoo experience has been horrendous with Android, as Im still trying to make the complete transition to Gmail from years of yahoo use. I did try the mail app but it was quite laggy. I may just have to try this out.

Default Re: HTC response for Yahoo users

Tried it and it works quite well from what I can see.