Push email on Android

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I always have had Iphone which emails were pushed to the accounts. I am new to android and i thought it was push but i just realized:( my yahoo account have had 4 emails were sent hours ago and yet my android didnt have any notification. I thought i set them up to sync.. etc.. did i miss anything?

networkz

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, only gmail has push. But what I do is use the email app K-9 and put all my accounts in there, and have it poll every 15 minutes. That way at worst I get my emails 15 mins later. But I usually get them right when I should be.

Sent from another dimension!

Reactions: keem5

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Yahoo mail app pushes e-mail. It is glitchy sometimes but for the most part it pushes fine. I believe that it messes up on the 3VO because the phone is actually cutting data on and off when the phone is sleeping and/or also it is killing the push process randomly

Reactions: keem5

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Definately go with the Yahoo mail app for Android. If you have any problems make sure to twitch mobile data off, then back on. I had the app not recieve any mail for a while and realized when the EVO 3D went into power save mode it disabled data. Once it was charged back up i had to go back and manually turn on Data.

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I gave up from my yahoo mail and switched (important contacts) to gmail all together because of that reason. Gmail definatly works the best when it comes to push option.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Using the Yahoo email app, is there an option not to have it push, as in just have email refresh manually when you open the app or only update every hour or so? In the settings of the app all I see is the option to receive notifications, no time intervals for updating.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set for push but i think its either on or off. I dont recall a setting for time frame to check for email.

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the stock email app and Yahoo are getting along now? When I tried it, it would not push instantly and so instead I went with the Yahoo app. But I would like to be able to control how often things are updating (push , 1 hour, 2 hours, manual) every now and then. Can't seem to do this with the Yahoo app.

k4ever

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking all over the settings in the stock email client and I can't seem to find an option for push (example: "as email arrives") anywhere. The update schedule has a peak times setting and frequency setting. Under the frequency setting there is no option for push. Is there someone else I need to set this.

I have 3 email accounts (Google, Yahoo!, Company Email). I know they all support push. I have them set up for IMAP. I definitely need this function and would like to have it on the default client, if it is available, because I believe it will work better with Sense UI.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I checked my stuff and i have an Exchange thru work, yahoo for stock and the yahoo mail for android app.
I also have an imap secondary work email address.
On the Exchange i have PUSH but the others do not.
With the Gmail app and the yahoo mail for android app they are set up for a push type of service.
I my self have found that if its yahoo mail related, i prefer the yahooo mail app, if its gmail i use the gmail app. and if its my work exchange or imap i choose the stock app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2