Got my MHL cable... no sound

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My MHL cable was delivered today. It works great displaying what is on the Evo to my non 3D tv. Even the Green Hornet is rendered very clearly in 2D without me having to do anything special. The problem is there is no sound! Does anyone know if this is expected? Makes it sort of useless for movie / videos. Btw, i purchased the cable through Expansys.

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My MHL cable was delivered today. It works great displaying what is on the Evo to my non 3D tv. Even the Green Hornet is rendered very clearly in 2D without me having to do anything special. The problem is there is no sound! Does anyone know if this is expected? Makes it sort of useless for movie / videos. Btw, i purchased the cable through Expansys.

I would call whoever you got it from and let them know of the problem then ask for another one. Every one I have seen is out of stock so I know not too many people have them. Could be a major bug so be sure to fill them in.

SCSnare

May 20, 2011
www.mricks.com
I got my MHL cable from Expansys and I can't get it to work. No video, no sound, nothing. I plugged the microUSB end into my phone, plugged my charging cable into the side of the MHL cable, then plugged my HDMI cable from my TV into the other end of the MHL cable. Nothing. That's how you're supposed to do it, right?

When you plug the charging cable into the side of the MHL cable and you plug that into your phone, does your phone show it as charging? Mine doesn't.

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
That it's how I got mine to work. It only works if the charging cable is attached. It shows as charging and a notification comes up on phone stating hdmi is connected.

devious101

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got my MHL cable from the T-Mobile store yesterday and used the 50% off coupon. Hooked it up to my Vizio LCD and was able to stream Netflix and SprintTV. Worked great.

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint support. They told me to call HTC because it's a phone issue.

I called HTC support. After powering off and on the phone and it still not working, they stated I have to reset the phone and said there is nothing else they can do. They said they had no record in their system of anyone else reporting this. If you experience this issue, please call HTC so it's recorded. I'm thinking this is a software bug.

Not too happy with the HTC support today.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Went by the Sprint store since one was not to be found around here at t-mobile or anywhere else. They gave me a 25% discount, added it to my bill and had it shipped to me for free. Should be here Monday. Pretty cool of them! :) Paying more than t-mo's 10.00 instore but cheaper than ordering online from t-mobile for full price and then paying tax and shipping.

migs

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
thanks to devious101 for the 50% coupon I just pick up my MHL cable at T-mobile store for 10 bucks! Worked great on my monitor so far will test on hdtv soon

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to get sound from my MHL cable still, when connected to my TV. Has anyone confirmed that it should work with sound and video? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon