Returning Evo 3D for new Sprint Motorola Photon 4G? Compare.

Are you returning your E3D for the Motorola Photon?

• Total voters

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Returning the Evo 3D for the new Sprint Motorola Photon 4G?

Nope, completely satisfied with my EVO 3D. It handles whatever I throw at it quickly, smoothly and with no hiccups. The specs are basically equal but the photon isn't aesthetically pleasing to my eye so if I was to leave the 3D I guess the galaxy s II would be my next device. That being said, I'm not going anywhere for at least the next year. Like someone above me said, each new phone for me needs to be a definite upgrade over the last one. I wouldn't go from one 1.2ghz dual core phone to another.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I love my 3VO :). The Photon is a side grade at best, possibly a slight downgrade compared to the EVO-3D.
If I would switch from the 3VO, would be for the Galaxy S2 possibly.

Nexus-4.0 Prime is 99% my next phone.

29Packers

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

Sense vs Motoblur theres your answer no way i love the Evo 3d and am satisfied with the camera in 2d and 3d and Sense is great so im happy for now!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Evo3D = no locked bootloader. End of discussion for me personally. I thought about making the switch (I have until August 4th), but when the tool for s-off was released last night my decision was made for me ;-)

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

How did you pull that off!!?

I got my Evo 3D free from Sprint! Called and was not happy with lack of choice of a new WebOS device. So they ordered me an Evo and credited my account the $199.99 to keep me happy.

So far I am more than happy with my device! I love it!
Wow, has anyone else got the EVO 3D for free?

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I told them the same thing and wanted to switch to a comparable phone but there were not any out there and didnt want to go back to the OG Evo because that would be a waste of 200$. So they reset my rebate date and credited my account the 200$ spent on the 3D so I would hace the choice to go with the Photon when it released. I think sprint did the right thing thoughsince Im on my 3rd Evo3D due to issueswith the first few and this one is the worst out of the bunch when it comes to reseption.

Hopefully the Photon will look and feel goodto the touch and eyes or Im waiting for the GS2!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

No way!/Not sure yet! = 94.35%........ Pretty impressive!! :D

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed with the Photon...at all

This is not a flamebait thread nor am I bashing the photon. Just my opinion on the phone the android central editors seem to be in love with, so much more than the 3d which they seem to have a disdain for. Anyway.. Went to my local sprint store to check it out. My impression? The penile screen was unimpressive and looked grainy, motorblur felt cold and slow, much slower than sense. The phone was a lot lighter but also felt cheaper. Am I missing something?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not impressed with the Photon...at all

After 2 years with a Pre I'm 100% sold on HTC/Android and the Evo 3D. I'm not going anywhere. :D Now I'm just looking forward to what Matias Duarte, Mr webOS, brings to the table with Ice Cream Sammich. :cool:

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Just like the first EVO they try to bash it and compare it with every phone that came out. but the EVO stand strong and even beat out the mighty Cry-Phone so they are going to do the same with the 3D

Tueyjr

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I want to know what a penile screen is.

Lol...just what I was thinking. I guess screen size just got waaaaaay more important....with an "r".....not impotant.

My wife will never be happy with a 4.3 inch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Lol...just what I was thinking. I guess screen size just got waaaaaay more important....with an "r".....not impotant.

My wife will never be happy with a 4.3 inch

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

lul, wha!!!

rico college

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I went into two different best buy (the real one and the mini mall one) to check it out myself. Both places the salespeople did nothing but bad mouth the photon. I played with one for a 5 minutes and walk out happy I had a 3vo. It felt like a toy phone.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

This is not a flamebait thread nor am I bashing the photon. Just my opinion on the phone the android central editors seem to be in love with, so much more than the 3d which they seem to have a disdain for. Anyway.. Went to my local sprint store to check it out. My impression? The penile screen was unimpressive and looked grainy, motorblur felt cold and slow, much slower than sense. The phone was a lot lighter but also felt cheaper. Am I missing something?

Nah you aren't missing anything. Imho the reviewers focused on the 3D aspect of the phone and once it got the "gimmick" label it was pretty hard to shake. If the EVO 3D had been called The EVO II that just happened to have 3D capabilities I think things may have been different. I am very pleased with my choice and haven't even thought about trading this phone for something different.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I used a Photon today as well. That phone flew. but I guess if I really wanted to convince myself the phone was slow I could.