Returning Evo 3D for new Sprint Motorola Photon 4G? Compare.

Are you returning your E3D for the Motorola Photon?

• Total voters

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Not impressed with the Photon...at all

My father owns a 3D. Its nice and all, but I wanted to go with a Photon. At first I hated the screen but then grew to like it. I really don't think its that big of a deal, they're both great phones.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Pentile screen and MotoBlur are the biggest kills for me.I'm very happy with my EVO 3D I'm not gonna get another phone on Sprint until the new Nexus phone comes. And that's only if its a big enough upgrade from the EVO 3D. Sense 3.0 is amazing, easily better than any other UI or Launcher.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I just hope the Photon Phans will go to their own section of the forums and sing the praises of their Phone to End All Phones and let us those of us who have the EVO 3D finally be able to use our section of the forums to ask questions and talk about our own phones.

Reactions: Wiley_11

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Returning the Evo 3D for the new Sprint Motorola Photon 4G?

No way. I enjoy having support and a large community

reu15

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

i have both the evo 3d which ive had for 3weeks and the photon 4g...................u would not believe how much better the photon performs on 4g, and Im the biggest htc fan there is.................................the photon gets 4g where the evo 3d doesnt, and i am not a fan of motorola or motoblue.......

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hehe i played with the photon at sprint and in my opinion it was pretty fast similar to the E3D but motoblur was not nearly as polished as sense 3.0. The big screen was nice but doesn't seem as crisp or as sensative as the Qhd screen on the E3D.
It seemes too light in weight feels plasticy like samsung compared to my E3D.
My buddie is voing to try out tge photon for 30 and decide if he want to switch to the E3D so ill get to play with it more.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

It wont replace my Evo 3D but I am gonna go check it out tonight I think. I wanna see how awesome or bad it is.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

I haven't used it and it seems to be pretty good, but NOTHING can beat the Evo 3d now that it is rooted. Plus the community of the Evo 3D>>>>>>>>>>the photon, one of the most important things for me is a huge community and lots of dev/community support. You can tell how the community for the photon can be just by looking at how active their forums are. So I just feel meh about it.....Mhl is better than hdmi because I can also charge the phone while connected and the Kickstand was added by buying a case, so there is nothing about the photon that appeals to me.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Hehe i played with the photon at sprint and in my opinion it was pretty fast similar to the E3D but motoblur was not nearly as polished as sense 3.0. The big screen was nice but doesn't seem as crisp or as sensative as the Qhd screen on the E3D.
It seemes too light in weight feels plasticy like samsung compared to my E3D.
My buddie is voing to try out tge photon for 30 and decide if he want to switch to the E3D so ill get to play with it more.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk

LOLz! You said you are going to play with your buddy's photon!

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Well a few things are for sure after using it in the store. It's fast, the reception is better and the battery seems to be better. The pics and video are definitely better.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

i have both the evo 3d which ive had for 3weeks and the photon 4g...................u would not believe how much better the photon performs on 4g, and Im the biggest htc fan there is.................................the photon gets 4g where the evo 3d doesnt, and i am not a fan of motorola or motoblue.......

I kinda noticed this in the store and couldnt figure why. My 3D ran about 4 megs down and the photo was pulling 8-9. I've seen some speedtests in their forum with 14 megs... ive NEVER seen those type speeds on wimax lol.

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Well a few things are for sure after using it in the store. It's fast, the reception is better and the battery seems to be better. The pics and video are definitely better.

How could you tell the battery and reception were better? And don't count signal bars, as they are not accurate tools to measure two different phones.

And how were the pics and videos better?

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site

reviewers focused on the 3D aspect of the phone and once it got the "gimmick" label it was pretty hard to shake. If the EVO 3D had been called The EVO II that just happened to have 3D capabilities I think things may have been different.

I agree with you totally on the labeling of the Evo 3D. I started a thread a few weeks ago called "3D, who needs it?" The point i was trying to make, is as quoted above.
The 3D is a fantastic device, but the campaign where they focus on the 3D aspect, diminishes the serious aspects of the phone. People in my circles that I showed the phone too, responded as if the phone was a toy for kids because of the 3D.
The 3D should have been Evo 2, and for those who care... Yes, BTW, it has 3D capabilities.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site

I was considering swaping my 3D for the Photon, due to some issues with my 3D, I'm on my second one. But after reading some of the problems in the Photon forum, I'm gonna stay with the 3D. Photon has issues too. When weighed I think I'll prefer the 3D long term. But I'm gonna get my girlfriend the Photon, for her Evo 4g. We don't want to have the same phone.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking about it, but the photon has its problems too based on their forum. I prefer HTC, Sense, and the 3D's problems to the photon's. But I'm swapping out my girlfriend's Evo 4g for the photon. We don't want the same phone.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

How could you tell the battery and reception were better? And don't count signal bars, as they are not accurate tools to measure two different phones.

And how were the pics and videos better?

The fact that I didnt have to dial out TWICE to get a phone call through in the store like I did on my 3D since it had no bars for one. Are we really going to act as if its not a known fact that many of these phones in general have weaker reception? As far as the battery goes, 3 4G speedtests dropped my battery a notch whereas the photon's didnt move at all. And the pics and videos, that's not even debate worthy. You can look at any of the photon reviews and do a comparison and see for yourself. I dont know why you're acting surprised as if we dont all know HTC is always last in terms of photos and videos when it comes to smartphones. I didnt have to adjust the ISO or the white level or anything and the pics still came out better than mine... stock. And I didnt even mention how the speaker is better. Would I get the photon over it? Nah, wouldnt bother going through the process of sending the 3D back and all that. But had it come out first I wouldve strongly considered it. I ditch sense so that part doesnt really matter to me.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

staying with my 3D. First Android phone for me after being on BB for many, many years. Love it!!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to hold a photon at the sprint store and that device feels cheaper then some of my daughter's play phones. Its quite obvious why its so lite, its made of cheap plastic.

EVO-LUTION 3D

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to hold a photon at the sprint store and that device feels cheaper then some of my daughter's play phones. Its quite obvious why its so lite, its made of cheap plastic.

EVO-LUTION 3D

As opposed to the plastic the EVO and 3D are made of? Oh, that's right, the 3D has a metal ring around the screen because HTC's amazing plastic on the EVO cracked and fell apart. Not everyone wants to carry a brick, light doesn't mean cheap, heavy doesn't mean strong. Motorola builds solid phones, and HTC only builds plastic phones on Sprint too. How "cheap" plastic feels is entirely a matter of opinion. If the worst thing people can say about the Photon is it feels cheap, then its probably an amazing phone. Personally, I think plastic feels like plastic no matter who makes it. They're both good phones with some advantages and disadvantages.

Sent from my Transformer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084