how do i connect my phone to my tv?

Quarry

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to watch video from your phone on the tv? If so you need an MHL adatper. I think tmobile has one for $19.99.

Quarry

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
On my Vizio I'm able to view pictures from my 3D through a USB cable but not video. With the MHL you will be able to mirror your phones screen on your tv. I suspect that will be your best option for video.

txt#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense to me... Power off phone, remove battery cover, remove battery, remove metal thingy, plug in hdmi, power on phone, play video, whalla!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. I watched the teardown video.... no hdmi, and if there was one how would you use it with the battery out.

Good to know I'm not the only one who was wondering about that because I didn't see it in the video either. Imho that is a strange place to put it if it is operational and I would think some of the techies would have been talking about it before now. Not saying it isn't there because it might be but I'm not taking my phone apart to find out. Got me curious now. Anyone take theirs apart and if so, are there pictures?

Quarry

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense to me... Power off phone, remove battery cover, remove battery, remove metal thingy, plug in hdmi, power on phone, play video, whalla!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HDMI doesn't provide enough power to run a phone without a battery.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
HDMI doesn't provide enough power to run a phone without a battery.

I was thinking that too. Also since a lot of people weren't very happy about the fact you can't hook up using regular hdmi like you could the 4G I am surprised that if there were a way to do that someone hadn't found out and posted about it before now.

jamexman

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if he's being sarcastic or smoking something... There is no hdmi under battery. Only the mhl port to hdmi to connect to a tv.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Posting incorrect information and leading people on a wild goose chase which could end up breaking their phone is not funny or needed.

WARNING: DO NOT LOOK FOR HDMI UNDER BATTERY INSIDE CASE

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read the entire post.. But I did have this problem too.

First thing is you can only watch sideshow and videos...

Once I realize that I unhooked the cord from the phone, re-hook it up and then just start a video.
That still didn't work, my last attempt was to reboot the tv, and that worked.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois