Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do i connect my phone to my tv?

I have a 2007 Samsung 4665f tv. When I connect via usb, the tv doesn't recognize my EVO 3d.

ROM
    Stock rooted ROM

Default Re: how do i connect my phone to my tv?

Are you trying to watch video from your phone on the tv? If so you need an MHL adatper. I think tmobile has one for $19.99.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just photos and camcorder videos

ROM
    Stock rooted ROM

On my Vizio I'm able to view pictures from my 3D through a USB cable but not video. With the MHL you will be able to mirror your phones screen on your tv. I suspect that will be your best option for video.

ROM
    Stock rooted ROM

Quote Originally Posted by scaryhumor View Post
    There's an HDMI jack under the battery.
    No HDMI on 3D. Must use MHL >>>>> Amazon.com: HTC Micro to HDMI MHL Adapter for HTC EVO 3D and Sensation (73H00394-00M) OEM: Cell Phones & Accessories

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

No, the 3D has a full HDMI port under the battery; you have to pull the metal panel up.

ROM
    Stock rooted ROM

Quote Originally Posted by garrettfarnum View Post
    No, the 3D has a full HDMI port under the battery; you have to pull the metal panel up.
    That doesn't make sense. I watched the teardown video.... no hdmi, and if there was one how would you use it with the battery out.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    That doesn't make sense. I watched the teardown video.... no hdmi, and if there was one how would you use it with the battery out.
    It supplies enough power, it's there.

Makes sense to me... Power off phone, remove battery cover, remove battery, remove metal thingy, plug in hdmi, power on phone, play video, whalla!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Good to know I'm not the only one who was wondering about that because I didn't see it in the video either. Imho that is a strange place to put it if it is operational and I would think some of the techies would have been talking about it before now. Not saying it isn't there because it might be but I'm not taking my phone apart to find out. Got me curious now. Anyone take theirs apart and if so, are there pictures?
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

ROM
    Stock rooted ROM

Quote Originally Posted by txt View Post
    Makes sense to me... Power off phone, remove battery cover, remove battery, remove metal thingy, plug in hdmi, power on phone, play video, whalla!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    HDMI doesn't provide enough power to run a phone without a battery.

HDMI doesn't provide enough power to run a phone without a battery.
    I was thinking that too. Also since a lot of people weren't very happy about the fact you can't hook up using regular hdmi like you could the 4G I am surprised that if there were a way to do that someone hadn't found out and posted about it before now.

Quarry likes this.

Don't know if he's being sarcastic or smoking something... There is no hdmi under battery. Only the mhl port to hdmi to connect to a tv.

Quote Originally Posted by jamexman View Post
    Don't know if he's being sarcastic or smoking something... There is no hdmi under battery. Only the mhl port to hdmi to connect to a tv.
    Lol if that's true I'll have some of what he's having

Quote Originally Posted by scaryhumor View Post
    there's an hdmi jack under the battery.
    liar!! Liar!! Pants on fire.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

There is no HDMI port on the battery :trollface: it uses MHL

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Lmao at this thread. HDMI under the battery??

Posting incorrect information and leading people on a wild goose chase which could end up breaking their phone is not funny or needed.

WARNING: DO NOT LOOK FOR HDMI UNDER BATTERY INSIDE CASE
    Thanked by 2:

I didn't read the entire post.. But I did have this problem too.

First thing is you can only watch sideshow and videos...

Once I realize that I unhooked the cord from the phone, re-hook it up and then just start a video.
    That still didn't work, my last attempt was to reboot the tv, and that worked.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Are you trying to watch video from your phone on the tv? If so you need an MHL adatper. I think tmobile has one for $19.99.
    I went to two T mobile stores and they were both clueless. Indianapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Makad View Post
    I went to two T mobile stores and they were both clueless. Indianapolis
    Same here. I even told them it is for the Sensation and is available online. I had to explain what it's used for. I don't expect a sales representative to know everything about every phone but you'd think they'd know about that. I ended up going to my Sprint store and while they didn't have any in stock they ordered me one and had it shipped to me free, added it to my bill, and gave me 25% off. Should be here Monday.

I just received my MHL adaptor from TMobile. I had to order it online for $19.99. The adaptor itself connects to your phone and a HDMI cable. You also HAVE to connect your phone charger, to a side port on the MHL, and plug it in. It worked great!!! We watched Netflix through the phone last night...also YouTube, gallery camera shots, and played all of my downloaded music. You'll love it!!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
    I just received my MHL adaptor from TMobile. I had to order it online for $19.99. The adaptor itself connects to your phone and a HDMI cable. You also HAVE to connect your phone charger, to a side port on the MHL, and plug it in. It worked great!!! We watched Netflix through the phone last night...also YouTube, gallery camera shots, and played all of my downloaded music. You'll love it!!!
    Got mine and I have to say that it is awesome! Hooking it up was a breeze. Just hooked the adapter to the phone, hooked up the hdmi cable and power cord into the adapter. Plugged power cord into outlet and hdmi into TV. Once I scrolled down to hdmi and selected it on the tv my phone screen displayed right away. I spent a couple of hours last night just playing. Even videos recorded in 3D displayed correctly. Not in 3D of course since my TV is not a 3DTV, but played correctly in regular 2D. This is so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieK View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only one who was wondering about that because I didn't see it in the video either. Imho that is a strange place to put it if it is operational and I would think some of the techies would have been talking about it before now. Not saying it isn't there because it might be but I'm not taking my phone apart to find out. Got me curious now. Anyone take theirs apart and if so, are there pictures?
    Just so everyone knows, Radio Shack sells the adapter for $10 without an hdmi cable. He said $30 with, which is a complete rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod View Post
    Just so everyone knows, Radio Shack sells the adapter for $10 without an hdmi cable. He said $30 with, which is a complete rip off.
    The actual MHL HDMI adapter? The reason I ask is because last week I called all over Timbuktoo and couldn't find one. Phoned my local Radio Shack and they had no clue what the MHL HDMI adapter is. The guy who answered the phone even asked another guy who was there if he knew anything about it and I explained to them what it was. Same result when I went to the T-Mobile store to ask them (so I could use the 50% off in-store coupon). I did find it on T-Mobile's and Sprint's websites but not on Radio SHacks. Finally, I just went ahead and got Sprint's HTC one by going by the Sprint store. While they didn't have any in-stock, I did get 25% off and they shipped it to me free of charge. I had a gift card from when I had pre-ordered my phone and then ended up getting it early through Premier so I don't think I did too bad.
    Last edited by CarrieK; 08-05-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast