Cosmetic Issue - Black Scraping Off around Brim

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This is my scratches after using a case

This is one of the drawbacks of using a case. Hard particles get underneath and scratch it really bad. I had a really great case for a Iphone 3GS and the back was destroyed from this happening. I have a Pouch that I got from HTCPedia with a very soft nap leather inside that seems like it protecting the finish very well so far after about 3 weeks with it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've Sharpied mine too, but it rubs right off again. It's odd because Sharpie ink is supposed to stick to anything and not come off.

Another method is to use some model car paint like a flat black and a very fine brush like a #0 for touch ups. One thing I learned in my model car building days is to take a little vaseline and lightly put it where you don't want the pain to go.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a perfect phone up until a week ago. I was over at a friend's house, and my phone was sitting on her coffee table. I asked her to hand it to me, and bam, she drops it face down on the terrazzo floors. Scratched every single corner, but the screen is OK. I could have killed her.

~Drew

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Same here I took my otterbox defender off and found 3 small scrapes at the top of my phone.
I'm changing cases now

Awaiting Assimilation

dgrobe2112

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
mine has the same issues.. i will try to upload pics.. but it really looks bad.. its really bad at the bottom under the menu button.. looks like a cheap phone now.. :(

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this same problem and beyond that, I'm just feeling a little cheated by this phone. I got it because it was a significant spec boost to my Evo 4G. Don't get me wrong, I love the qHD screen and the overall snappiness, but I really don't like the build quality at all. The back doesn't look or feel high quality, the plastic (glass?) on the two cameras is speckled with small scratches and as we've discussed, the paint is coming off all around the edges.

Ultimately, I think I'm going to be switching to Verizon for the Galaxy Nexus. I still love/prefer HTC's usual build quality, and would love for a Nexus (or any stock) device from them.

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Mine too but I'm not gonna go and paint my damn phone with anything. Who cares most of us will probobly not have one particular phone for too long. Am I right?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Mine too but I'm not gonna go and paint my damn phone with anything. Who cares most of us will probobly not have one particular phone for too long. Am I right?

Problem is, in order to fund that nasty habit, I need to sell them and these cosmetic issues lower what I can get.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Mine scrapped off so bad that i just took some sandpaper and removed all that black paint
phone looks really sweet now

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
After almost 5 months with my TPU case mine looks brand new, and not as *slippery* too. :D

TPU-Cases.com rocks!!! :cool:

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
My purple monster case, leather pouch and zagg shield has kept my baby as clean as the day she took her first breath. When I had to get it serviced the tech was amazed at how new it looked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey