Random reboots....

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It's been happening to me since I first got the phone basically....It would have random reboots throughout the day for about 2 days, then be fine for a week...then it would happen again. Then I ended up hard resetting it and it's been fine up until the past 2 days where I would have it next to me and it would just reboot..Is this phone defective? It's really irritating me...

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Bring it back to Sprint and tell them what is happening. They may give you a new one... depends on what they think. I assume that you didnt turn S OFF or do any hacks?

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I did temp root but I can just factory reset again and then it's fine right? Do you know if the phones they'd have in stock now are most likely of better quality? No dead pixels or misaligned screens?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a messed up screen one.. they gave me a brand new one. If you factory reset you should be fine if you only did the temp root. Give it a shot bud. Call and make an appt so they have history and makes it faster trip for you

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that..I'm just afraid that I there will be another defect that I don't notice until I leave the store lol. Then get to go back for more fun...

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea been there done that... well almost always do that LOL. Good luck man. Just do a factory reset right before you go in and tell them you have been trouble shooting it yourself and that its not associated to ANY specific app or dependent to ANYTHING your doing on the phone. Could be when you ulock it, messaging, surfing the web, or just random that it reboots... Sprint always trys to accuse a specific app on the issues... so make sure they know that you do factory resets and it happens on straight up stock and stock apps.... Hope that helped. :cool:

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get free apps back after factory restore? I didn't have my backup pro or anything, but the first time I factory restored the phone even the free apps came back without being on the sd card.

TammyD

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
this happened to me as soon as i got my phone. I was doing battery pulls about 10 times a day for 3 or 4 days. I went to the sprint store with it and they said it's a known issue with some of the phones. no looking at it, trying reboots or anything...just gave me a new one out of the box.

tammy

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get free apps back after factory restore? I didn't have my backup pro or anything, but the first time I factory restored the phone even the free apps came back without being on the sd card.
not sure what you mean.. but everything that was stock will be there...

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Like my free apps that I downloaded from the marketplace....I don't really remember what I did but after my first factory restore I was able to get them all back. With no way of recovering them besides my google account syncing to it, which shouldn't have happened?

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm out of the 30 days and they told me the best they can do is give me a refurbished phone. But they also told me that HTC is working on finishing an update to fix this and to call back Thursday to see the status of the update.