Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By illwood
  • 1 Post By pergerson6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Creating photo albums in Gallery app

is there a way to put pics I have taken into albums....I want to create a new album and put some pics into it...is there a way to do that in app itself? or do I need to hook up to computer?

Thanks

Default Re: Creating photo albums in Gallery app

The "albums" are just taken from the folder names that the picture files exist under.

I would just use a file manager app like EStrong or Astro and create the folders that you want to have as separate albums and move the pictures into those folder.

No computer connection required.
    cgardnervt likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

I also like

I connect to the computer to create new albums on my phone. First, I created a MyPictures folder on the phone's root drive and created subfolders in the MyPictures folder. Then I move pics into albums as desired. The subfolder titles show as albums in my Photo Gallery with all of the pics in the appropriate folders/albums.

Lightbulb Re: Creating photo albums in Gallery app (Resolved)

Quote Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
    I connect to the computer to create new albums on my phone. First, I created a MyPictures folder on the phone's root drive and created subfolders in the MyPictures folder. Then I move pics into albums as desired. The subfolder titles show as albums in my Photo Gallery with all of the pics in the appropriate folders/albums.
    Hi Droids!

I'm the developer of Foozer for Android, I don't want to do spam, but out of the developer view, I had this real problem that many android phone owner had, to create new albums and move photos! I have hundreds of photos on my phone and I don't like to organize them on PC nor with a file explorer on the phone

As an advanced user and a Java developer I decided to develop an app to face this problem, and is available since dec 2011 on Market. I hope it will be usefull for such users and If you like it, leave a comment

I will don't leave you the link but if you google Foozer, you will found it

I have the Foozer App for my droid razr. I created a "FamilyPhoto" album. Now how do I move pictures to it? Been trying for a few weeks now and have no idea what I am doing.
    Randall

Lightbulb Re: Creating photo albums in Gallery app

Hi Cowboycb36,

how to move photos with ?

Look this youtube vdeo

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNLiEG_oB8[/YT]

I hope that help you!!

Bye

I downloaded this app and it keeps crashing im kinda upset that i paid for the app and it does not work

can you email me at
    I just want to know the correct folder to put it in so the phone will recognize the galleries on my cell, not just on my computer . i know you said make a new folder with subs but where to put the new folder "mypictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kelly1 View Post
    can you email me at
    I just want to know the correct folder to put it in so the phone will recognize the galleries on my cell, not just on my computer . i know you said make a new folder with subs but where to put the new folder "mypictures?
    On the root of the sd card.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    benny3 likes this.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by pergerson6 View Post
    On the root of the sd card.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    +1

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

My quote from another HTC Android thread:

"I second Foozer! I installed and uninstalled 4 of the highest reviewed photo apps, because NONE of them did what I wanted them to do: simply create, organize and manage photo albums. Foozer does exactly this and does it elegantly. I am not interested in cutifying photos on my GS3 (sorry for posting in the HTC forum, but there was precious little about Foozer in the hardware-specific forum); if I am going to edit photos, I'll do it on my computer where I have room to work, and I'll do it in Photoshop. I am surprised that Samsung and Android doesn't handle this basic operation in a much cleaner simpler way; my BlackBerry 9550 with its native software did it a whale of a lot better than these guys. With Foozer, I'm back in the simple business."

I am also surprised (although I'm not sure how useful it would really be), that I cannot seem to make the camera button work in Foozer; nothing happens. F_esteban_2002 if you read this I guess I'd appreciate a clue. Samsung Galaxy S3, Android jellybean...