1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Couple issues with GoSMS Pro

Hey guys,

So I'm encountering a couple of weird things while using this messaging application.

One, if I take a picture and try to send it out as a message directly from the gallery, it'll hang while sending. The outward mail icon just stays there as if it's going, but nothing happens.

I have to instead go into the program directly, and attach it manually. And when I do that, it doesnt show the receiver the pic, but rather a link to view the pic.

Anyone know what's up?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Couple issues with GoSMS Pro

I noticed the same thing, not sure what is going on.

I work around it by opening up the stock HTC messaging app and sending the pic from there. Its not a big deal for me since I don't send MMS very often.

I've never had those issues....sorry :/
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hmm, weird. Perhaps a fresh install would fix it. Or I can just go into the regular messaging app to send pics.

If only the damn phone would light up with incoming notifications (instead of just the LED) for the stock app, I wouldn't even need this GoSMS stuff.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Go SMS Pro looks really good! I am going to be downloading it soon to play around with it here and there! I will report in with what I find with my phone.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

If you're getting a link, you're sending it via a different method.

if it's hanging.... are you connected to wifi while doing this? I had this problem, and had to resort back to the stock msg app.

Had this same problem. Sometimes it sends and sometimes it hangs

My issue is with the led blinking, even after the message pop up box has been closed, and the message has been read.

Quote Originally Posted by mycrownvic02 View Post
    My issue is with the led blinking, even after the message pop up box has been closed, and the message has been read.
    Same here. I find that pulling down the notification bar then closing it again makes it stop, even though there's no actual notification left in the list.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Try turning off wifi and sending over 3G. It would never send pictures over wifi for me on my EVO 4G.

My EVO won't on wifi, nor my friends EVO 3D, but on 3g no problem.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yeah it's over wi-fi. But it sends just fine over wi-fi if I attach the picture manually and not do it straight from the gallery.

ROM
    Stock

It doesn't send it over 4G either. Not sure why

Quote Originally Posted by Slam08 View Post
    I noticed the same thing, not sure what is going on.

I work around it by opening up the stock HTC messaging app and sending the pic from there. Its not a big deal for me since I don't send MMS very often.
    +1
    I just deal with it unfortunately

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

I have discovered an issue with GoSMS as well. I am using a custom vibration pattern. If the app is open, even with the screen off, the custom vibration is not played. If I close the app (go back to the home screen) then the custom vibration is played. Has anyone else noticed this? Any fix?