Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jondevere
  • 1 Post By Marcus Colwell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default disable lock screen drag ring

there any way to get rid of this so if i click the power button it brings me to the phone without doing the drag the ring up to the top, seems like overkill just to prevent accidental assdialing?

ive tried settings>security>set up screen lock >none. but it is still there.

Default Re: disable lock screen drag ring

Do not think is possible to get rid of the lock screen. Its all part of the operating system for android.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

nutz, i thought this phone could do everything i wanted except print money for me!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

well quick update, search the market for "no lock" and bingo....i am happy now

i did a search for money machine, and now i am happy

LMAO, jk , couldnt help myself
    BHBandit likes this.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Bump.

Anyone know how to do this other then using nolock? I wanna disable my ring pull, but keep the security pin. Nolock sadly also disables the pin which is no good for me.

I agree. Drag unlock is annoying and should be configurable.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009

Yo! You could also try GO Locker. Same idea as Go Launcher but isolated to the lockscreen. Just install and download any other themes you like! Pretty sweet for free, no?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikusP View Post
    Yo! You could also try GO Locker. Same idea as Go Launcher but isolated to the lockscreen. Just install and download any other themes you like! Pretty sweet for free, no?
    Go Locker is great. I'm using the ICS HD theme and loving it.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMILD561 View Post
    well quick update, search the market for "no lock" and bingo....i am happy now
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me because I want to have security. It is stupid that I have to fight the Sense lock screen, and THEN have to enter my pattern password to unlock the phone.

When you have a pattern or password or pin set for security, there should be an option to not have to go through the "pull the ring" thing too! I can't believe HTC never bothered to integrate lock-screen security still!

I don't suppose anyone found a way around that?

I had problem answering phone calls, unlocking and cutting off caller.
    One way is to download' No Lock' app from https://play.google.com, this will allow you to switch on or off.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricHTC View Post
    I had problem answering phone calls, unlocking and cutting off caller.
    One way is to download' No Lock' app from https://play.google.com, this will allow you to switch on or off.
    See post directly above yours.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Go to Personalize>Lock Screen Style> No Lock screen

That disables to stupid Ring, but still allows for all the different security unlocks. I tried with Pattern, Pin, Facial and Password.
    I don't have to drag the ring, but I still get my security. It makes accessing my phone much faster.

I have an HTC Droid DNA
    Thanked by:
    crxssi likes this.

I too was going crazy with this isue, but I finally found a solution and wanted to share with you guys/girls.
    My phone is the HTC one V with HTC Sense ver.4
    Ok so, first thing is to disable all security on the HTC Sense.
    This will give the default pull ring when u try to unlock the phone
    Now i installed 2 things , the go launcher EX and the Go Locker. The settings you need to change are in Go Locker so you shouldn't need go launcher EX hopefully i just prefer it over HTC Sense.
    Ok so, launch Go Locker and (if you get a screentalking about locking the home key i just by passed that by clicking "set later") click setting icon on top right corner,

All settings stayed on Default except the following :
    activate Go Locker : ON

And now go to security:
    I clicked on pattern
    drew my pattern and saved it
    and all the way to the bottom you see a setting called:
    Password unlock (directly enter the password, skip the lock screen page) --> THIS IS THE ELUDED SETTING TURN THIS ON

and no more slide lock (and hopefully no ring i haven't tried it without go launcher ex) when you try and unlock your phone it will take you directly to the pattern screen
    WOO HOO!!!

lock screen : disabled this was the default i didn't change it

advanced setting -->
    Turn off system lock : Select "none" to prevent showing double lock --> just better to disable all security on the HTC Sense

Hope this helps

Thanks Marcus.. it worked.. disabling the lock screen under personalize..

Go under settings, my device., accessibility, and click answering/ending calls. Then click on answer calls by tapping.

this setting is no longer available in Sense 5.5 Kittitas 4.4.2.