super slow 3g internet browsing. Fix?

Khaag27

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I really like my 3d but the internet browsing while on 3g is really slow. I don't get very good signal at home either, but 3g is still slow in full coverage areas I travel to as well.

Is there a fix? Will there ever be?

Thanks

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: super slow 3g internet browsing. Fix??

I really like my 3d but the internet browsing while on 3g is really slow. I don't get very good signal at home either, but 3g is still slow in full coverage areas I travel to as well.

Is there a fix? Will there ever be?

Thanks

I hope Sprint fixes this. I'm coming from T Mobile and their 3g was as fast as Sprints 4g.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Your best fix for this is to take the phone back and get the Photon. The photon doesn't have this problem..At ALL..I can provide a video if need be. lol

Khaag27

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Your best fix for this is to take the phone back and get the Photon. The photon doesn't have this problem..At ALL..I can provide a video if need be. lol

I'm seriously thinking about it. I can't even watch a YouTube video. Not to mention this pile just shut off for no reason on me. Ugh this is my second one.

I just hate that screen on the moto

farre

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

The photon and sprint have the same.speeds I don't know.why people think.the photon is faster. Its the.same network.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

The photon and sprint have the same.speeds I don't know.why people think.the photon is faster. Its the.same network.

Not true..Motorola makes some of the best antennas in the game. They E3D is widely known to suffer from poor reception from all radios on the phone. This is why I took mine back and got the Photon. Trust me the experience is so much better. Go see for yourself how much faster the photon is when connecting to the net.

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how good Motorola are at making antennas but it can't be any worse than the 3D. The reception on the 3D is worse than the evo 4g for both 3G and 4G.

The photon looks ugly to me and I'm not a big fan of blur. If it wasn't for my tmo contract being up, I would have waited to get a galaxy s2.

Oh and lol @ the guy who said tmo's 3G is as fast as sprints 4G. What utter bs.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Not true..Motorola makes some of the best antennas in the game. They E3D is widely known to suffer from poor reception from all radios on the phone. This is why I took mine back and got the Photon. Trust me the experience is so much better. Go see for yourself how much faster the photon is when connecting to the net.

in 3G mode, the evo3d beat out the photon on data speed test run by phonedog. the 4G test was not done correctly or enough times to verify results IMHO.

now, while I agree, that motorola makes the best radios, the common person will not notice the differance if they are not in a fringe area, if at all.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

My speeds have been ok. I hate the constant roaming but sprint has said its because they are repairing the tower in my area. If that's true at all it should be fixed by next week.

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I don't think this is only happening to the 3D. My other buddy has the EVO 4G and he has also said the internet seems really slow lately. We've never experienced slow 3G speeds like this before, and I used to have an EVO 4G before my 3D (got it the last week of June).

In fact, I'd say this only started happening over the past few days. Before that, the 3G speeds were normal and was working fast, and I'm in a good coverage area. Now, it's just really slow and takes awhile to load pages such as ESPN. Is this a network issue? I'm in Southern Calif.

When the 3G is just too slow for me, I just switch on the 4G and it works super fast...but still, would be nice to have normal 3G speeds....

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Fwiw I have noticed no difference. My 3 and 4g speeds are great. Nashville, TN.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

My E3D works fine on 3G. I get good speeds everywhere. I must say that the 4G areas I travel to have speeds I envy for my home area. I don't care about 3G/4G when in the house since I use WiFi there. My daughter's EVO 4G really shows its poor speeds when in video calls. She may swap it out due to so many EVO 4G owners boasting about their phones.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Its the network... In some places sprints 3g has been terrible lately.... Speeds not even close to 1mb per second... It has nothing to do with the antenna in the evo or the wimax antenna would probably suck too..

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Its the network... In some places sprints 3g has been terrible lately.... Speeds not even close to 1mb per second... It has nothing to do with the antenna in the evo or the wimax antenna would probably suck too..

I was wondering this too. When she tries to video call us she is in areas other than where I frequent for work. Sprint did inform their corporate store here that they are/have been working on towers for present 3G and testing 4G. I guess we can't complain about progress. I will tell her to hold out until next month. Other than this, she seems to have the EVO surgically attached to her hands. :D

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, but I think the WiMax antenna is weak too. 3G is inconsistent and 4G struggles to hold a connection. Never had this problem on the evo. However, I must say that I got the 3D on release and it worked fine. Maybe it's the influx of new users?

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints. Just did the fix and speed test. Download speed is 670 kbps and upload is 573 kbps. I'm in long island.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

LMAO, yeah if you're getting bad 3G service from Sprint on other phones, the Photon will fix everything. Are you for real man. It has nothing to do with the phone Einstein. It's Sprint's backhaul problem, and it doesn't matter which phone you're using. I have the Photon and my average daily speeds are 100kbps download. So where's the advantage there Mr MOTO.

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately I have to agree with the antenna comment here. I have an EVO 3D while a coworker has Photon. I was in an office and was alternating between no bars and one bar while he was at four or five the entire time. My data was screwed and I wasn't getting emails nor could I connect to a webpage. He, however could do both. On the not so bad side, calls would come through. That gives me hope that the software can be "massaged" and give us more reliable signal strength.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately I have to agree with the antenna comment here. I have an EVO 3D while a coworker has Photon. I was in an office and was alternating between no bars and one bar while he was at four or five the entire time. My data was screwed and I wasn't getting emails nor could I connect to a webpage. He, however could do both. On the not so bad side, calls would come through. That gives me hope that the software can be "massaged" and give us more reliable signal strength.

i strongly hope that you try another evo3d as you should be geting a stonger signal then that with a working phone. if the antenna was so bad on the evo3d, then it wouldn't beat the photon on phonedog's head to head 3G test.

try some of the tips on this site, then if all else fails, return for a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x