Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    So, with HTC's announcement that they have invested $300 Million in Beats Audio, buying part of the company, what will this mean for HTC's current slate of products? On My HP Envy laptop, I have Beats audio built in, and its the best sounding laptop I've ever owned - especially through the headphone jack.

    Whats unclear to me though is if Beats is a combination of hardware AND software, or if they are specific software drivers. If its just software, can BEATS update be issued to select HTC devices such as the Evo 3D? If I understood the teleconference correctly, its an app, but I'm not sure I understood it right.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    CarrieK's Avatar

    Posts
    966 Posts
    Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Yeah, I just saw this. It would be great if it were a software update and we could get it on the 3D.
    Please thank me if I have helped!

    Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!
  3. #3  
    tkemack's Avatar

    Posts
    559 Posts
    ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

    Default

    The word I kept seeing is "future", as in future HTC devices. I wouldn't count on it

    sent to you in three dimensions
  4. #4  
    Wreckus's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Agreed, I don't think current HTC devices can just get an update to get beats audio.

    There's probably some hardware that needs to be installed into the device to get the beats audio.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Colclutz View Post
    Agreed, I don't think current HTC devices can just get an update to get beats audio.

    There's probably some hardware that needs to be installed into the device to get the beats audio.
    That's what I was thinking, but I hope the Evo 3D is compatible.
  6. #6  
    svargas05's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Beats is in the hardware of the device as well.

    Like some computers come with Beats Audio sound cards.... I doubt it's going to happen for the 3VO.
  7. #7  
    McPlot's Avatar

    Posts
    812 Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Beats is over priced sound hardware. It is the soundblaster for the Teen and under 25 crowd. Beats is a good example of, " if it cost us a nickle, let's figure out a way to charge a hundred bucks for it. "
    WonderGTS and sjamie like this.
  8. #8  
    slayerpsp's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    its already in the evo 3d its just turned off i have beats audio sound enhancer on mine
  9. #9  
    slayerpsp's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    [HOW-TO] [TEAM XPOSED] Enable hidden audio sound enhancer options in HTC Music app - xda-developers
    beats audio sound enhancer built in htc music apk just needs to be turned on
  10. #10  
    Gelst's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Beats is way over hyped , I would never ever buy a product just because it has beats audio.Beats audio is way worse a gimmick then 3d which i personally don't think is a gimmick. Now if it was Bose that would be a different story because I know they make great products.
  11. #11  
    skitzer9's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    ROM
    Stock HTC Sense 3.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slayerpsp View Post
    [HOW-TO] [TEAM XPOSED] Enable hidden audio sound enhancer options in HTC Music app - xda-developers
    beats audio sound enhancer built in htc music apk just needs to be turned on
    Are you sure is not the SRS enhancement?

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelst View Post
    Beats is way over hyped , I would never ever buy a product just because it has beats audio.Beats audio is way worse a gimmick then 3d which i personally don't think is a gimmick. Now if it was Bose that would be a different story because I know they make great products.
    The BOSE reference had to be sarcasm...right?
  13. #13  
    whiteshadow001's Avatar

    Posts
    1,204 Posts
    ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelst View Post
    Beats is way over hyped , I would never ever buy a product just because it has beats audio.Beats audio is way worse a gimmick then 3d which i personally don't think is a gimmick. Now if it was Bose that would be a different story because I know they make great products.
    have you ever even compared bose to beats. My beats studios blow my grandpa's bose headphones away.
    Needless to say monster is also releasing these Monster TRON T1 Daft Punk Edition Limited edition over-the-ear headphones at Crutchfield.com

    All im saying is Ilove my beats and I hope HTC brings the app to all existing devices. For the new devices they should have better speakers because thats what they did with the hp touchpad.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelst View Post
    Beats is way over hyped , I would never ever buy a product just because it has beats audio.Beats audio is way worse a gimmick then 3d which i personally don't think is a gimmick. Now if it was Bose that would be a different story because I know they make great products.
    wow do you even know what he is talking about? We arent talking about Beats headphones, we are talking about Beats AUDIO....IT'S A SOUND SYSTEM
  15. #15  
    codkill's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    The Beats Audio label is a mix of hardware and software. I saw some "Beats Audio mod" that probably just EQs the sound the same way the Beats Audio EQs theirs. All they do is the smiley face EQ. It really is just gimmicky. Heavy bass, increased 8k+ and you pay the premium price of something you could have done yourself. The hardware is really not much better (if at all) than standard audio processors. They only have slightly increased output levels and their THD is no better. As for their headphones, which this thread is not about, Beats and Bose are just jokes in the audio world. If you think either of those are good, then your probably haven't heard of: Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, AKG, Klipsch, Denon, or Etymotic. But Beats Audio is really like Monster....... oh wait, didn't Monster make the Beats Audio headphones? That should give you an idea of what Beats really is (overpriced/marketing trick).

    I forgot to mention one thing though. Beats Audio also replaces the speaker (speakerphone speaker) on some models which IS better than a stock speaker.
  16. #16  

    Default

    JBL speakers and software is a lot better on electronics. Listen to the Dell XPS versus HP envy (Beats) series. The Dell has JBL speakers and it sounds a lot better.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Droid MAXX and iPad 4. Best combo.
  17. #17  
    onesie13's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 2.7

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Beats products arent bad but true audiophiles know that more the same price you can have much better product albeit they may not come as "cool" looking or status symbol with street cred. Sennheiser has better products. Beats is produced by Monster, the same guys that charge $100+ for a hdmi cable at best buy when you can buy a $4 one that is the exact same spec.
  18. #18  
    bwithey11's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    its funny when people knock a product they have never even touched. it sounds like a "mine doesnt have that, so it sucks" kind of thing. and to those saying this is better than beats and that sounds way better than beats. i GUARANTEE that i could find some kosch headphones/speakers that sound better than some bose, jbl, beats, sony or anything else. these damn ignorant people are ridiculous.

    edit: not to mention the fact that the OP asked the simple question of whether or not beats was available on the evo 3d. and to answer that, no "Beats Audio" is not and will not be in the 3d due to the lack of hardware, but there is some Beats eq deal you can use but it is not an improvement on the hardware like the upcoming devices have.
  19. #19  
    onesie13's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 2.7

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    not sure if that comment was referring to me but i own a pair of beats studio and i dont find it that impressive. not sure if your point is to say all headphones are the same or not but to people that are audiophiles and care, they can hear the difference. i found bose headphones to be overhyped/priced as well but the ones that came with my car are amazing. that being said why shoot down a free way to enhance your phones sound based on some bias against a company
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    This thread is only slightly better than the Apple vs. Android posts.....

    People have different taste in sound quality and value.

    The main topic/question was if beats was something the EVO 3D could add with a software setting. My understanding that Beats is a hardware/software solution. so "if " it does not have a Beats audio chip/cpu/processor, I would say the answer is no. The announcement mentioned future devises. since the 3D was already out, I would guess that means no.
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    I think we should just rephrase the discussion to "Is there some hidden audio enhancement built into the EVO 3D whether software or hardware based?" Frankly I don't care what brand or "gimmick" it is as long as I get something extra from the product I already bought.
    Who's with me?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    I seriously doubt there's any special hardware in the upcoming Sensation XT or whatever they're calling it... The turnaround time since the deal was struck is way too quick and the phone's internals were already pretty tightly packed, you don't just turn around and add something to the design in two month's time. My guess is it's just software and marketing glitz, the included enhancements probably let you skip tracks with the headphone remote (Headset Button Controller already does this for like $2).

    Beats gear in general isn't worth the price, nor Bose for that matter (they're probably worse), both companies simply invest a lot more in marketing than the typical high end audio manufacturer does. It's not a matter of taste. You want a dead simple analogy? They're the Apples of the audio industry, albeit less successful and with even less substance or redeeming value.

    All that being said, HP laptops with Beats audio generally do sound decent (even over the speakers) and they do include some hardware enhancements... The typical laptop has absolutely mediocre sound hardware and speakers though, so it isn't terribly hard to raise the bar there. Laptop audio is constrained by physics, it's like on-board desktop audio... No matter how decent the hardware is, you're still working in a very electrically noisy environment and tiny *** speakers will never sound all that full.

    I'm a fan of HTC, but the Beats partnership means little to me... I do hope it helps their overall sales tho. You couldn't pay me to rock Beats headphones tho, if I was given a pair I'd literally sell them and buy something better for half as much (from Senn, Beyer, Grado, or hell, even Koss/Meelec) and still come out ahead.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
  23. #23  
    Mr.Froyo's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP's current nightly

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    i use altec lansing earbuds with my altec lansing using HP computer, its kind of great.
  24. #24  
    R3dM0nd's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    all i know is that even if the evo 3d is capable of it its not gunna happen unless rooted look at the thunderbolt released with sense 2.0 a month later 3.0. Still waiting for official gingerbread and an update to sense 2.1.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by bwithey11 View Post
    its funny when people knock a product they have never even touched. it sounds like a "mine doesnt have that, so it sucks" kind of thing. and to those saying this is better than beats and that sounds way better than beats. i GUARANTEE that i could find some kosch headphones/speakers that sound better than some bose, jbl, beats, sony or anything else. these damn ignorant people are ridiculous.

    edit: not to mention the fact that the OP asked the simple question of whether or not beats was available on the evo 3d. and to answer that, no "Beats Audio" is not and will not be in the 3d due to the lack of hardware, but there is some Beats eq deal you can use but it is not an improvement on the hardware like the upcoming devices have.

    I'll knock it gladly, and i HAVE touched it. I've got a HP Touchpad and the "beats" audio on it sounds like a POS compared to my Nexus S w/ voodoo sound drivers. Beats is just a gimmick for BS "special" hardware (ie. lets rebrand an existing chip) that suddenly has lots of "beats" because they have software EQ maxing out the low end.

    What a joke......


    Unless you've just got a trash pair of headphones (anything less than $100 IMHO), Beats is just gonna help you listen to the music in a way the artist NEVER intended.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions