Can you change the frequency that 4G looks for signal?

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone -

Thanks for being so helpful with other questions, here's an interesting one.
I take the train to and from work. As a result, I pop in and out of 4G signal areas pretty often,
I've noticed that on this phone, once I'm kicked out of 4G, it takes a good 5 minutes (if at all) before the phone scans for 4G signal again. The Nexus S was popping in and out of 4G as soon as I was in and out of an area.

Is there a setting on the phone that will allow it to be on the lookout for a 4G signal more often? Does that make sense? It sucks that I have to manually ask it to scan for 4G every minute or two. That's about all I end up doing on a train ride. It makes listening to satellite radio hard too because it puts the radio feed in a loop when it switches.....

Thanks

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone -

Thanks for being so helpful with other questions, here's an interesting one.
I take the train to and from work. As a result, I pop in and out of 4G signal areas pretty often,
I've noticed that on this phone, once I'm kicked out of 4G, it takes a good 5 minutes (if at all) before the phone scans for 4G signal again. The Nexus S was popping in and out of 4G as soon as I was in and out of an area.

Is there a setting on the phone that will allow it to be on the lookout for a 4G signal more often? Does that make sense? It sucks that I have to manually ask it to scan for 4G every minute or two. That's about all I end up doing on a train ride. It makes listening to satellite radio hard too because it puts the radio feed in a loop when it switches.....

Thanks

Yes, you can change these settings. There is a write up over at XDA and you need your MSL