"New" Market not updating my apps

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the newer market a while back when it was uploaded on this site. It was working fine but now it keeps alerting me that my apps need updating. That's not a problem if it would actually let me update the apps. When you click the app it only has the options to "Open" or "Uninstall". I get out of that and just hit the "Update All" option. It proceeds to "update" all my apps but then 20 minutes later the Alert comes up for me to update my apps again. The same exact apps!

I've been going through this now for a week. I am not rooted. This is stock Gingerbread. I tried phone resets and battery pulls with no luck. This is getting pretty annoying. If anyone can help. Please let me know what to do.

Reactions: CarrieK

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I seem to have same problem every thing was fine until a week ago. Also only shows that I have 14 Apps when I have 120. Anyone know a solution

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
try uninstalling the market, then reinstalling it. my friend had this issue as well. this seems to fix it.

me? I'm also using the new market and don't have any issues yet. crosses fingers.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Click menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all and then scroll to market updater and clear cache and force stop. Also, maybe force stop market as well. Then reboot phone with fastboot disabled (settings>power>uncheck box for fastboot) and see if that helps. One last thing, go to settings>applications>manage applications>all and then scroll to HTC sense (first one) and then click force stop and then the home key to reset sense. See if any/all of that works.

Reactions: chubbs123

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Try this. Click menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all and then scroll to market updater and clear cache and force stop. Also, maybe force stop market as well. Then reboot phone with fastboot disabled (settings>power>uncheck box for fastboot) and see if that helps. One last thing, go to settings>applications>manage applications>all and then scroll to HTC sense (first one) and then click force stop and then the home key to reset sense. See if any/all of that works.
I forced stopped and cleared the settings for the market under the "settings" - "applications" - "manage applications" and it worked!

Thanks everybody.

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Kinda weird that Google began "rolling out" the new market nearly a month ago, yet I dont know a single Evo or Evo 3d owner who has received the update. I dont think its Sprint thats the hold up, because everyone with a Motorola Photon Ive seen has the update. I wonder if this is HTC postponing the update because they are about to release a maintenance update.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted a post that while I manually updated the market I have been getting updates on my apps with the new market...without issue.

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08