Evo 3D Software Update August 18

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded the update and it is installing now!

I had to do a battery pull before my EVO 3D would find the update just like the last update.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
go to setting then system update. Select htc updates.

I did get a notice that there were new htc apps available after I did the update. There was nothing new.

Last edited:

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I installed the update, and my Android version now shows 2.3.4, but I don't see how to choose video chat in Google Talk. Isn't that supposed to be a feature of 2.3.4?

John

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Two things I've noticed...a "tell HTC" section in the about phone section and the ability to take screen shots. Simply hold power button and press the home button. About damn time!

sent to you in three dimensions

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
It also seems to have fixed the generic icon showing for apps on the home screen that were moved to SD card.

John

It seems to have been fixed for me too but only for apps that are on the homescreens. Apps in folders still show the generic icon.

On another note, it seems like the headphone skipping issue has been fixed.

raydawg13

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just updated my #EVO3D to the 2.08.651.2 version and my icons don't disappear when I power down my phone, thank you HTC, still playing around to see what else they twicked but so far so good.

Reactions: ansond#AC

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: update is available

Downloaded and installed. A couple of things I noticed so far:

1) It did not fix the missing icon on the lock screen. Actually, it kinda did. When it restarts, the left most icon is not there but if you unlock the phone, then lock it again and then unlock, like magic, it's there!!! In my case I have the Dolphin browser icon in there, but checking my wife's phone, she has the phone icon in that position and it seems to work just fine
2) When the phone restarted, the app icons are there and not the generic android icons (that was a pain btw) Still a little glitchy. The firts two times I restarted the phone it worked fine but on a later restart, it took a little bit to get the right icons. I had to put the phone to sleep and unlock it a couple of times before the icons would show up

Last edited:

Optica1ilusionz

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
First thing i noticed was my go sms icon (specifically the words go sms) is no longer cut off on the lockscreen and my homescreen. Also the stock text app no longer does that stupid thing where it marks texts i send as unread. I will test the sound issues later but so far i'm loving the update.