Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default List New Update Features

Wondering if we can start a new thread to list any and all features of the new update in one place?
    So far I know about the new screen capture ability, and also have read of increased volume and the headphone jack issue being sorted out, but haven't confirmed.What else has changed?
    Thanked by:
    Wiley_11 likes this.

Default Re: List New Update Features

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy27403 View Post
    Wondering if we can start a new thread to list any and all features of the new update in one place?
    So far I know about the new screen capture ability, and also have read of increased volume and the headphone jack issue being sorted out, but haven't confirmed.What else has changed?
    Wait! What screen capture capability? How do you do that? Please tell me more!

Quote Originally Posted by alvarezjpr View Post
    Wait! What screen capture capability? How do you do that? Please tell me more!
    It takes two hands for me to do it but press down on the power button and hit the home key. You have to do it relatively fast or you'll get the normal screen that gives your power down, reboot, airplane mode options.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ccw1134 View Post
    It takes two hands for me to do it but press down on the power button and hit the home key. You have to do it relatively fast or you'll get the normal screen that gives your power down, reboot, airplane mode options.
    Whoa!!! I think I just pee in my pants!!! Thanks a lot.

I think Teeter is new in the hub. I don't think it was there before. I use to play with it a lot on the Evo 4G. Check the apps on the HTC Hub.

that screenshot is fantastic

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alvarezjpr View Post
    I think Teeter is new in the hub. I don't think it was there before. I use to play with it a lot on the Evo 4G. Check the apps on the HTC Hub.
    It has been in the hub for almost a month.
    Thanked by:

^ Weird, I was just updated about it. And I removed the spider man game! What else can we remove?

screenshots work. To the screenshot thread!

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    ^ Weird, I was just updated about it. And I removed the spider man game! What else can we remove?
    Yes it is. I was gonna make a thread one day of a new item in the hub but didn't cause I thought we all got notified at the same time.

Swype was also updated to the new 3.0 Beta version that now has predictive typing and horizontal prediction bar finally!! By the way thanks for the headsup on the screenshot feature thats awesome!!!
    Thanked by:
    KnoxBNYC#AC likes this.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

The Mail icon bubble number is a new color...
    iEd

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts

Screen shots yeahhh
    iEd

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts

I see there is a Sprint 4G widget with this update to toggle 4G. It has a mirror effect. doesn't work when you add it or show the mirror effect LOL

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    The Mail icon bubble number is a new color...
    I think this may just be because it defaulted you back to the HTC skin after the update. DID you have a different skin prior to the update? If so,you have to put it back to whatever you had before. This happened to me as well and that's what I noticed.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Was "reader" there before? It's adobe/kobo book reader. Don't recall seeing that before

sent to you in three dimensions

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tkemack View Post
    Was "reader" there before? It's adobe/kobo book reader. Don't recall seeing that before

sent to you in three dimensions
    Yes reader was before the update

ROM
    clean rom ics

Quote Originally Posted by Androidceb View Post
    I see there is a Sprint 4G widget with this update to toggle 4G. It has a mirror effect. doesn't work when you add it or show the mirror effect LOL
    It is for business accounts. Not us.
    Thanked by:
    iEd 

Red face Re: List New Update Features

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    You can also uninstall:
    • Sprint Radio
    • Sprint TV & Movies
    • Green Hornet

Were these uninstallable before the update??

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Nice! I'm gonna explore this update!
    iEd

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    You can also uninstall:
    • Sprint Radio
    • Sprint TV & Movies
    • Green Hornet

Were these uninstallable before the update??
    How much space does the Green Hornet use. On my phone is says 0.00B ?

Below are the things I found to be new:

Applications: Flashlight and Footprint. NOTE: The HTC help referenced the flashlight however it was not installed in version 2.3.3 on my device.

Here are the new widgets that the hub stated: Notes, Tip Calculator, Quick Record, Today In History, Translator, Daily Challenge, Fortune Cookie, Sand Timer, and Word Of The Day.

NOTE: I hope what I've added is helpful...I'm new to this site and Andriod. I'm on the fast track in trying to learn what Andriod is all about and learn the capabilities of my new HTC EVO 3D...great communite!

I don't want to jinx it, but my camera hasn't frozen up since the update, and it used to do it almost every photo....
    njackson580 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tllemmon View Post
    Below are the things I found to be new:

Applications: Flashlight and Footprint. NOTE: The HTC help referenced the flashlight however it was not installed in version 2.3.3 on my device.

Here are the new widgets that the hub stated: Notes, Tip Calculator, Quick Record, Today In History, Translator, Daily Challenge, Fortune Cookie, Sand Timer, and Word Of The Day.

NOTE: I hope what I've added is helpful...I'm new to this site and Andriod. I'm on the fast track in trying to learn what Andriod is all about and learn the capabilities of my new HTC EVO 3D...great communite!
    These HUB items have all been in there for a while. I have been using a few of those for about a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidceb View Post
    How much space does the Green Hornet use. On my phone is says 0.00B ?
    Mine says the same in Settings, but on the SD card, in the ".data/HtcWatch/preload_movies/" directory, it says Green Hornet takes up 1.9GB.

That being said, I'm not certain that uninstalling as mentioned earlier will remove that file (2141_0_SonyPictures_GreenHornet_3D.eny) taking up almost 25% of your stock SD card!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast