Where is Google Video Chat with 2.3.4 update?

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where is Google Video Chat with 2.3.4 update??

This new update isn't a new version of Android AFAIK, just HTC fixing stuff.

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

yes but If you look in the about phone > software information... It was in fact a bump to the newer android 2.3.4, as this is the listed version... as well as a new software build number.... so i would have to assume it is more then simply HTC fixing stuff if the Android version has changed.. otherwise i would expect it to still say 2.3.3

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

yes but If you look in the about phone > software information... It was in fact a bump to the newer android 2.3.4, as this is the listed version... as well as a new software build number.... so i would have to assume it is more then simply HTC fixing stuff if the Android version has changed.. otherwise i would expect it to still say 2.3.3

Huh, well my bad, I had no idea it was update to the newest version of Android too! Maybe check the Market for an update to the app?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

It doesnt work... There should be a camera next to contacts you have for video chat...

Nothing....... :( bummer

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

How exactly does this feature work... You mean contacts like in my contacts list.. should i be opening another application?

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Is this a separate App, i searched the market and it doesnt show up... I have both Google + and Google Voice installed... is it embedded in one of those... i just want to know how to do these video chats when and if they do start working :)

EDIT: ahhh i found the talk feature, ha, was already installed.... Hopefully the video feature goes live soon

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Is this a separate App, i searched the market and it doesnt show up... I have both Google + and Google Voice installed... is it embedded in one of those... i just want to know how to do these video chats when and if they do start working :)

EDIT: ahhh i found the talk feature, ha, was already installed.... Hopefully the video feature goes live soon

The app is already on your phone. It's "Talk"

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Google Talk is a system application as part of Google Apps. It is already on your phone in the app drawer as "Talk" in a white cartoonish dialogue box. Irks me that the EVO 3D does not have official video chat support. That's why we root I guess.

SenenCito

May 17, 2010
Visit site

It's interesting to see that the HTC Sensation just got updated with video chat, but NOT the evo. could this be is our carrier asking to remove the feature?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers