Sprint Official Known Issues and Investigations for the HTC Evo3D

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sitting here at work trying to learn a few things when I realized I never see a lot of the problems listed for our phones, but the problems I see very often are never listed. So I present to you a list of current known issues and investigations for the HTC Evo 3D!

I'd like to gauge how many, if anyone has actually come across these issues. Just let me know which of these problems you've had, or if there are any others that you've noticed.

Known Issues:

Code:
1. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Uploaded pictures via Share to Picasa may display only partial picture on the Picasa website - FIXED 
2. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Black screen during boot up - FIXED 
3. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Netflix Availability on 1.13.651.7 
4. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Unable to Find "Phone" Application for Lock Screen 
5. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Green Hornet Movie - Loaded on Pre-installed 8GB SD Card 
6. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Watch Application Update 
7. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Calendar Force Close Issue - FIXED 
8. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Spiderman 3D Demo Random Force Close/Freeze/3D Lock - FIXED 
9. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Half Lock Screen Issue - FIXED 
10. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Unable to send multiple contacts via Bluetooth - FIXED

As you can see most of these issues have already been resolved. However there are many more issues listed under the Investigations section of our systems which generally means an issue has been reported and they're attempting to determine causes and fixes. Here's that list now!

Code:
1. "Mirror" application missing after 2.08 update 
2. Power cycling after update to 2.08.651.2 
3. Distorted lines or images may be seen around a widget 
4. Power Cycling 
5. Certificate issues after Gingerbread update 
6. The 3D camera images appear to not properly merge together 
7. Green Hornet reported "missing" from SD card at purchase 
8. Unit is freezing at random and requires a battery pull to function again 
9. Unit appears to have a backlight on when battery is attached but unit is powered off 
10. Unit may appear to have contamination in layers of the screen 
11. Unit boots up with force close of several programs 
12. Unit may appear to have a dead pixel 
13. Backlight may not fully illuminate, dark sections may be noted 
14. Full or partial capacitive grid failure, bottom row of buttons unresponsive 
15. Screen appears to have a small crack noted under lens.  
16. Bottom row of 4 buttons may light up but be unresponsive to touch 
17. Unit hangs after boot up sequence starts and attempts to load userdata partition 
18. Camera function not working properly, loading up to a black screen 
19. "Snooze" function dismisses calendar event notifications. 
20. Wording in the Make more space area within Internal Storage does not flow cleanly 
21. EVO 3D may power on with fully pixelated or all black display 
22. EVO 3D devices DOA out of box 
23. Deleted media may still be seen in the .thumbnail folder  
24. Contact name and number not fully displaying in landscape message mode 
25. Power button sticks/inoperable 
26. Clearing notifications in the dropdown removes the new unread message notification on application 
27. Weather lockscreen does not properly display 3 digit temperatures 
28. Pictures sent to Picasa web albums may display only a partial picture 
29. HTC Watch app hangs while acquiring license 
30. Unable to add "Phone" shortcut to weather lock screen once removed 
31. HTC HUB on EVO 3D has incorrect picture on link 
32. Unable to switch video trim after selecting "Play in 3D" 
33. Device does not recover from lock screen gracefully after "Play in 3D" is selected 
34. SD Card damaged by EVO 3D 
35. GPS coordinates for Footprints stays in Taiwan 
36. Birthday off between facebook and contacts in people

If you would like to see any details for any of these issues, or you like this post and would like to see the issues for other Sprint phones, just let me know.

Last edited:

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Official Known Issues and Investigations for the HTC E

Great source of info. So many "known" pieces of info are totally bogus.
Some of these I didn't even know to look for.

Thank you for sticking your neck out by providing these.

Reactions: FenixOK

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

I've seen:

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I don't mind at all, since it's really useful to me to find out what problems are common, and which ones aren't even listed.

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

wheres the green tint in pictures issue?
If you haven't checked the color balance settings on the camera, drop it by a Sprint repair store to have them look at it. Those dual cameras just mean twice the possible problems it seems like. I've seen tints, lines and total failure.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Green tint... Fix it...fenix You go check sprint store and color settings...# pointless

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Green tint... Fix it...fenix You go check sprint store and color settings...# pointless
If I magically had the phone in my hands I'm sure I could figure something out. Until YOU can figure out how to allow my hands to physically travel through copper wire then your post was the only pointless words in this thread. By drop by a Sprint store, they will either fix it or replace it. I don't know what else you thought about it.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I have a few of these issues, but didn't see anything about having to disable and re-enable wireless quickly when the data hangs. That's an issue. I assume the screen being unresponsive falls under #8. The hard buttons work but the touch doesn't. I have to restart the phone.

Also, I "appear" to have a dead pixel on the bottom right. Hopefully it "appears" as such and can be fixed, rather than it actually being a dead pixel.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If I magically had the phone in my hands I'm sure I could figure something out. Until YOU can figure out how to allow my hands to physically travel through copper wire then your post was the only pointless words in this thread. By drop by a Sprint store, they will either fix it or replace it. I don't know what else you thought about it.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I meant sprint or htc need to address it.... Me getting a crap refurb is not an answer... And you can't do s**t about it... So magically disappear...

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I meant sprint or htc need to address it.... Me getting a crap refurb is not an answer... And you can't do s**t about it... So magically disappear...

...How old are you and who let you use the internet? As far as the green tint, I haven't seen that problem yet. I'm assuming it's a fault in the camera manufacturing process.

Also, there's another thread that had plenty of people that noticed it's just a terrible auto white balance correction. Maybe you should take my first advice and manually set the white balance. :)

Last edited:

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm sitting here at work trying to learn a few things when I realized I never see a lot of the problems listed for our phones, but the problems I see very often are never listed. So I present to you a list of current known issues and investigations for the HTC Evo 3D!

I'd like to gauge how many, if anyone has actually come across these issues. Just let me know which of these problems you've had, or if there are any others that you've noticed.

Known Issues:
If you would like to see any details for any of these issues, or you like this post and would like to see the issues for other Sprint phones, just let me know.

You do know this is Sprint information, and illegal to share outside of work? Its part of the privacy training, I wouldn't risk my job for this. Even on the bottom of Sprint investigations it states on the bottom, illegal to share...

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information contained within this site is confidential and privileged. Leaking information is a violation of the Sprint Code of Conduct, and that persons caught leaking information may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.

You should have posted this as well.

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information contained within this site is confidential and privileged. Leaking information is a violation of the Sprint Code of Conduct, and that persons caught leaking information may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.

You should have posted this as well.

Well someone's a party pooper Debbie downer. wat wah

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro.

ITotem

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have issues with Swype working properly on FriendStream status update with the new Aug update. After every few words, my Swype selects the word instead of continuing to type normally.

MySweetf

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

Do not see any information about disabling and re-enable wireless data quickly suspended. This is a problem. I assume the screen slow fall in the # 8. Hard buttons work, but do not touch. I want to restart the phone.

AppHunter

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

When I power on my phone, the screen is at full or auto brightness, even though I have it set lower, what I do to fix it is check and uncheck auto brightness in display settings, it should be fixed

samkim1969

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Known Issues:

Code:
1. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Uploaded pictures via Share to Picasa may display only partial picture on the Picasa website - FIXED 
2. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Black screen during boot up - FIXED 
3. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Netflix Availability on 1.13.651.7 
4. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Unable to Find "Phone" Application for Lock Screen 
5. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Green Hornet Movie - Loaded on Pre-installed 8GB SD Card 
6. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Watch Application Update 
7. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Calendar Force Close Issue - FIXED 
8. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Spiderman 3D Demo Random Force Close/Freeze/3D Lock - FIXED 
9. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Half Lock Screen Issue - FIXED 
10. HTC EVO 3D (x515c) - Unable to send multiple contacts via Bluetooth - FIXED

As you can see most of these issues have already been resolved. However there are many more issues listed under the Investigations section of our systems which generally means an issue has been reported and they're attempting to determine causes and fixes. Here's that list now!

Code:
2. Power cycling after update to 2.08.651.2 
4. Power Cycling 
5. Certificate issues after Gingerbread update 
6. The 3D camera images appear to not properly merge together 
7. Green Hornet reported "missing" from SD card at purchase 
8. Unit is freezing at random and requires a battery pull to function again 
9. Unit appears to have a backlight on when battery is attached but unit is powered off 
10. Unit may appear to have contamination in layers of the screen 
11. Unit boots up with force close of several programs 
12. Unit may appear to have a dead pixel 
13. Backlight may not fully illuminate, dark sections may be noted 
14. Full or partial capacitive grid failure, bottom row of buttons unresponsive 
15. Screen appears to have a small crack noted under lens.  
16. Bottom row of 4 buttons may light up but be unresponsive to touch 
17. Unit hangs after boot up sequence starts and attempts to load userdata partition 
18. Camera function not working properly, loading up to a black screen 
19. "Snooze" function dismisses calendar event notifications. 
20. Wording in the Make more space area within Internal Storage does not flow cleanly 
21. EVO 3D may power on with fully pixelated or all black display 
22. EVO 3D devices DOA out of box 
23. Deleted media may still be seen in the .thumbnail folder  
24. Contact name and number not fully displaying in landscape message mode 
25. Power button sticks/inoperable 
26. Clearing notifications in the dropdown removes the new unread message notification on application 
27. Weather lockscreen does not properly display 3 digit temperatures 
28. Pictures sent to Picasa web albums may display only a partial picture 
29. HTC Watch app hangs while acquiring license 
30. Unable to add "Phone" shortcut to weather lock screen once removed 
31. HTC HUB on EVO 3D has incorrect picture on link 
32. Unable to switch video trim after selecting "Play in 3D" 
33. Device does not recover from lock screen gracefully after "Play in 3D" is selected 
34. SD Card damaged by EVO 3D 
35. GPS coordinates for Footprints stays in Taiwan 
36. Birthday off between facebook and contacts in people

I am having issue #17, I am stuck on a white screen and nothing happens after the 3D word.

Does anyone know of a fix or trick?

wcmarchese#AC

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know if Sprint or HTC will address the multi touch issue? I cannot play games because of this.

WCM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy