Sense / Facebook contact picture annoyance

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've gone through the trouble of setting up a contact on the phone just to have high rezz contact caller ID photos (obviously this isn't a priority for google/facebook). All contacts are still linked to Facebook via Sense. So whenever that contact changes their profile photo on Facebook, the caller ID photo changes as well. I do not want the contact photo to change based on the Facebook photo change nor do I want to unsync the contact from Facebook. Anyone else experenced this or find this to be an annoyance?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi! If you want to keep a linked contact person's photo the same, go to your gallery, tap the picture you want to assign, tap the menu button and tap on "set as contact icon." That will override the person's Facebook profile picture.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi! If you want to keep a linked contact person's photo the same, go to your gallery, tap the picture you want to assign, tap the menu button and tap on "set as contact icon." That will override the person's Facebook profile picture.

Awesome, I'll try that. Thanks

anon(27014)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. I want my FB pics to update like they did on my 4G, but whenever a FB contact pic is updated, my Evo3D changes the contact to an empty grey placeholder. I have to manually update the pic. Any ideas how to have contacts auto update the FB picture?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. I want my FB pics to update like they did on my 4G, but whenever a FB contact pic is updated, my Evo3D changes the contact to an empty grey placeholder. I have to manually update the pic. Any ideas how to have contacts auto update the FB picture?

Lol ask Vick 'cause he apparently knows! ;) Seriously, it may have to do with which version of Facebook you have your contacts linked to...Facebook for Sense or just Facebook. I have both on my phone because I installed the regular app because I'd heard it had some additional features. Anyway, my contacts are linked through regular Facebook. I believe my contacts' pictures sync as they change them, so if you have yours linked to Sense you may try regular Facebook for Android instead.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it appears that the method I gave you, Vick, works great for third-party messaging. In other words, when my husband texts me, the picture I picked for him shows, but when he just called me I noticed his linked picture showed. I wonder if there is a fix. Lol now I'm a woman on a mission!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, I found an app called DW Dialer that is a contact manager and phone. Just downloaded it and it shows your contacts' pictures that you select when you receive a call instead of the Facebook profile picture.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it appears that while the contact pictures displayed in the people list using DW Dialer use the ones you pick, it still shows the frigging fb one if that person calls. ARGHHHH! Doesn't bother me personally so much but I hate it when I can't solve a problem. Dang it, I just knew I had it when the contacts list itself displayed correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol