Not picking up 3G?

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery drain has also gotten worse . I called Sprint and got a recording saying they was closed to call back during business hours . Great job Sprint .

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Doing a factory reset definitely did not work for me. Emailed Sprint from their website only to be told I have a tech support issue and to call.

This is ridiculous. And the phone still lost half its charge over night while I slept Which was the only reason I did the update in the first place, in hopes of longer battery life.

oh? a factory reset didn't work for you? funny, I tested it twice to make sure my first install was done correctly as I had different problems then everyone else. sorry to hear this.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
To late I already did factory reset...........twice!! Still have 50580?!?! At Sprint repair now as *Retentions* requested to check 3G speeds. The tech has E3D also and has the same 3g issues. He wasn't aware of the fix so I printed out info to give him. He's not rooted but will try to fix both our phones. I read on XDA that someone got $129 knocked off bill for the 3G issue. They were told this wouldn't be resolved until Oct 31. Sounds to me like that's when the switch over to the new system will be completed. :confused:

wow. sorry to hear this. I wonder now why my phone is so different. after all, I didn't have the radio or GPS issues with this update, but it caused my camera to no longer work.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
wow. sorry to hear this. I wonder now why my phone is so different. after all, I didn't have the radio or GPS issues with this update, but it caused my camera to no longer work.

The only problem I have is 3G speeds are 1/10 of what they were prior the the 50580 update.Sprint retentions told me to take it to repair store to verify. The tech has a E3D and has the same problem, he checked mine out and said they would give me a replacement. I said what good is that going to do if you and I and everybody else that updated to 50580 has the same problem ??? Up until now I think this is growing pains having to do with the tower upgrades but I would suggest calling Sprint and starting your *paper trail* on this issue. My second call the tech said a Supervisor would like to talk to you at the end of our conversation. The Supervisor told me, "you will be compensated for this", What that means I have no idea yet but I'll keep you posted on my latest adventures. :D

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So am I reading this correctly...the PRL update takes you from 21081 to 50580?

Yes, for some reason it puts you on 1XRTT. I think Sprint for some reason released the wrong type of PRL, which has wreaked havoc. I believe wiley posted a link to an article on the Good and EVO site about this earlier in this thread.

Reactions: enthuz

3Down

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess I'm making a trip to the Sprint store this afternoon. Tech support could not resolve it over the phone.

Only thing that the factory reset resolved was the keyboard issues after the update. It did cause me to lose a lot of ringtones that were originally on the phone when I got it also.

And now I'm having issues with contacts showing up 2 - 3 times after importing them back in from the SD card.

*EDIT: I also thought I'd be able to bring back applications that I had moved to the card but that doesn't seem possible. Though they do appear to be taking up space on the phone.
The feature of the phone that would realign text in an article so that it wasn't necessary to scroll left or right when zoomed in to, doesn't seem to be working correctly either.

Take that previous statement back. Still noticing issues with touch & keyboard but not as much after factory reset.

Last edited:

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it but I have been given the photon and I have great signal strength now so I don't believe that its the network and that it is the 3vo in the meantime I need a phone while I like the evo better and sense it is not the best phone for me at the moment but I will be holding on to the photon until htc fixes the evo3d

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint about my slow internet and they tried different things but nothing worked so they told me they was gonna have an engineer look into the problem with my signal to my number and if it was not corrected in 2 days or nobody contacted me to call them back . Hope this gets resolved cause this is worse than dial up internet .

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but I have been given the photon and I have great signal strength now so I don't believe that its the network and that it is the 3vo in the meantime I need a phone while I like the evo better and sense it is not the best phone for me at the moment but I will be holding on to the photon until htc fixes the evo3d

No disrespect but I believe it was the PRL and not the 3D. This is a screenshot of my 3G speed as of right now after reverting back to the previous PRL.

2011-09-05_09-58-33.jpg

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint after reading the Sprint Community Forums. According to retentions if you take your phone to a *Corp* repair store they will roll your PRL back to 21081. Call and make sure they have a *Slate Machine*. JPSquared is a Sprint tech posting in the forum about this issue last night. (post 3)

Sprint Community Forums

Gents

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I just completed the Non Rooted roll back to 21081. It took me a while because I am new to android but it worked and I have fairly decent speeds again. Thanks to all.

Reactions: CarrieK

3Down

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I received yesterday an email from the Sprint community forum in which this JDSquare says :
--------------------------------------------------------------
I've responded on a different thread started by rick.spencer. but this is an issue we are aware of and working on. In this specific case, we have seen both drastic reduction of 3G and 4G speeds, as well as connection errors with the PRL 50580 and EVO 3D. If you having this issues, verify your PRL with the following directions: From Home screen, press Menu key, then tap "Settings". In Settings, flick up to then tap "About Phone". In About phone, tap "Software information".

Tap "More" to see the PRL Version. If your PRL is 50580 or 60580, this is the PRL that seems to be causing this problem. If you have a different one, then you are likely experiencing a different issue. Sprint Community: WARNING! updating prl to 50580 may...
Sprint Community: WARNING! updating prl to 50580 may... tstart=0
--------------------------------------------------------------
Now I'm not sure what this means but I haven't gone to the links yet either.

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I reset the prl to 21081 and everything is back to normal. For those that need assistance what you need is the 21081 zip file. Unzip it and place it on your sd card(I placed mines on the root of the card, not sure if that will make a difference). Then dial ##775# then it will ask for your msl code, if this code doesn't work download and install the epst.apk I attached then try the code again. For those that are rooted just use mslreader on the market for those that aren't rooted you can call sprint and ask nicely or use the cdma workshop method. Once you enter your msl you will then see the option to update prl, then the next step will allow you to select the 21081 file that you unzipped. Once you select ok it should reboot, if not then just reboot and when it comes back up you should be good to go.

Thanks man!!!! Worked like a charm!!!

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No disrespect but I believe it was the PRL and not the 3D. This is a screenshot of my 3G speed as of right now after reverting back to the previous PRL.

2011-09-05_09-58-33.jpg
None taken I still have the 3d I was given the photon and I have to say that I don't hate it as much as I thought I would

Last edited:
Reactions: CarrieK

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante