Not picking up 3G?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
By chance did those of you who reverted and it didn't work also go through the hands-free activation again? I did because I recall reading somewhere that it will clear out your profile. You must have your MSL. Do the following after you have reverted to the previous PRL.

Before you begin, turn off your GPS. Dial ##3282#, and select Edit. Enter your MSL, then go to Data Profile. Push the menu button, then tap on Restore. Push OK to reboot. Allow the phone to go through hands-free activation, but WATCH YOUR PHONE CAREFULLY AND PRESS CANCEL WHEN IT BEGINS TO UPDATE PRL.

I don't know if this is why the whole revert process worked for me and not others but it might be worth a try.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will not wipe your data but as with any of these methods, something could go wrong.

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot CarrieK I did that after changing my prl to 21081 and everything is working good so far . Great job .

Glad it worked! It made sense to me because people usually update their PRL and profile together. I should have specified that one should revert their PRL first before doing the data profile fix. I will edit the instructions. Thank you. I hope this helps others too! :)

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
By chance did those of you who reverted and it didn't work also go through the hands-free activation again? I did because I recall reading somewhere that it will clear out your profile. You must have your MSL. Do the following after you have reverted to the previous PRL.

Before you begin, turn off your GPS. Dial ##3282#, and select Edit. Enter your MSL, then go to Data Profile. Push the menu button, then tap on Restore. Push OK to reboot. Allow the phone to go through hands-free activation, but WATCH YOUR PHONE CAREFULLY AND PRESS CANCEL WHEN IT BEGINS TO UPDATE PRL.

I don't know if this is why the whole revert process worked for me and not others but it might be worth a try.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will not wipe your data but as with any of these methods, something could go wrong.

:D:D:D:D xoxoxo:D:D:D:D

I took my E3D to the Corp store and they installed PRL 21081. But they didn't know about hands free activation so I still had slow 3G. Thanks to your post I'm at 1.3 Mbps DL now on 3G!!! I'll be eternally grateful to you for ending my 3G misery. :D

To add to your post....I had to update profile to complete the process. It's been about 4 hours or so and it appears to have stuck. YAY!! :D:D

Reactions: CarrieK

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Whoohooo!!! What great news to wake up to! Especially you, Wiley. You have been through so much h-e-double -hockey -sticks with this. I am so glad I was able to help!

Reactions: Wiley_11

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
:D:D:D:D xoxoxo:D:D:D:D

I took my E3D to the Corp store and they installed PRL 21081. But they didn't know about hands free activation so I still had slow 3G. Thanks to your post I'm at 1.3 Mbps DL now on 3G!!! I'll be eternally grateful to you for ending my 3G misery. :D

To add to your post....I had to update profile to complete the process. It's been about 4 hours or so and it appears to have stuck. YAY!! :D:D

congrats. now if sprint could just hire Carrie to fix their huge mistake of a crap PRL update, maybe we won't have such a problem in the future.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
congrats. now if sprint could just hire Carrie to fix their huge mistake of a crap PRL update, maybe we won't have such a problem in the future.

I'm sure glad that's behind me, I can hardly wait for the next Sprint adventure. I must agree that they sure could use a few Carries, to say the least. :D

Reactions: CarrieK

dragonfry

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

dragonfry

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Where do you go to find MSL? Is it in the phone somewhere or do I have to call support? What app is available for EVO 3D to check the speed of phone. My was updated but doesn't seem to proform any faster in fact it seem to run a bit slower.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Where do you go to find MSL? Is it in the phone somewhere or do I have to call support? What app is available for EVO 3D to check the speed of phone. My was updated but doesn't seem to proform any faster in fact it seem to run a bit slower.

If you are not rooted (and I presume you aren't) you have to call Sprint to get it. Be very pleasant and just state that you are having data connectivity issues you are working to resolve and that you need your MSL. I have seen many posts where people have done this and were given their MSL, no questions asked. Once in a while someone will post and say that the person they called would not give it to them. If that happens, thank the person politely and just call back. The majority of people who call back a second time will get it. Oh, and once you write it down and keep it somewhere safe so you can find it again, yet where just anyone can't get ahold of it because it is, in effect, the password to your phone.

I believe on here somewhere I also saw a link to the xda developers site that has a way to get your MSL. I am thinking it must have been for non-rooted people because rooted people can simply download MSL Reader to get theirs.

dragonfry

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are not rooted (and I presume you aren't) you have to call Sprint to get it. Be very pleasant and just state that you are having data connectivity issues you are working to resolve and that you need your MSL. I have seen many posts where people have done this and were given their MSL, no questions asked. Once in a while someone will post and say that the person they called would not give it to them. If that happens, thank the person politely and just call back. The majority of people who call back a second time will get it. Oh, and once you write it down and keep it somewhere safe so you can find it again, yet where just anyone can't get ahold of it because it is, in effect, the password to your phone.

I believe on here somewhere I also saw a link to the xda developers site that has a way to get your MSL. I am thinking it must have been for non-rooted people because rooted people can simply download MSL Reader to get theirs.

CarrieK thank you very much. I will be on my best behavior...

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So i never did the prl update and still have the 21081 so i think i will try what carriek did when i get a chance to call sprint to get my msl#. I still have crappy 3g so hope this fixes it.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk

jhwookie

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I am now on my fourth replacement. I am now and i believe that i have been on PRL 21081 on each of the devices. I have had data speeds of 14 kbps down and 28 kbps up with a ping of 763 ms. This is relatively consistent data speeds since I switched to Sprint from Verizon in late July. I was not sure if it was the network or the device since both were new to me. I have done speed tests on both my phone and the Sprint store managers phone at the same time and his speeds were awesome and my were in the toilet. SO, I don't think it's the network. But, getting four evo 3d's in a row that have this issue seems like an astronomical chance. What the hell do I do? I suggested moving to a new device, but they seemed to have stonewalled me since it's past my 30 day return policy. They said I can pay full retail for a new phone. This seems crazy. Pay for a device that doesn't work, not get the issue resolved, and pay 500 for something new? I'll port my number out of Sprint so fast, their collective heads will spin.:p

Michael Nelson2

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've got a mb 525 unlocked using ATT ...when I first got it nothing worked except wifi... I called ATT they talked me through the network set up... now the phone works... it is set to automatic 2g/3g yet it does not connect to 3g at all.... HELP!!!! I gotta admit I am a bit of a "technomoron" (I know just enough to really screw things up)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad